Some Simple Rocket Launchers.

walleyes

Crew Member
Thought I would share this for,some that may be interested.

I have been tossing a few ideas around in my head the last couple years as to how I could get a couple rocket launchers or some type of holder up in my boat. I hate clutter, I can't stand tripping over stuff, or stuff tangled, I have to have everything organized,, it's a bit of a phobia I have. As I use my boat mainly for fresh water fishing, lots of casting and jigging I never really wanted any type of arch to get in the way. But when I am out on the coast with my long rods and big nets I do have a bit of an issue of where to place the rods to get them out of the way when fighting a big fish. I have made due but wanted something a little handier than the way I was doing it.

So this is my cure. 4 Scotty boom rod holders mounted on my Bimini rails. I don't plan on using them for traveling just when a guy is on the troll or getting the rods clear for battle and keeping the net in and ready. Pretty simple really and they work great. Had to make my own shims to make them fit nice and snug as they come ready for 1" tube or shims for 3/4 tube and mine are 7/8 tube.. It was no big deal and some pipe that fit in nice and snug and made it all slick.

image_zpswwa8qfm2.jpg

image_zpstwnv3kwd.jpg

image_zpsyjwvxzsu.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
looks good, I like it ill join you in the hating clutter and tripping over gear while on the boat. Where did you get the boom mounts? crappy tire? walmart?

Couldn't find any in store,, looked for quite a while ended up going on line and getting them through the Fishing Hole. Shipped in two days.

Back