Some people are animals.

RiverBoy

I can't imagine ripping the claws of a dungy for two mouthfuls of meat. What is wrong with some people...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 763
May have lost them in a fight with a bigger crab, they will grow back....

The crab will probably not survive long enough (three molts) to grow back sufficient claws. It's sad that some people think this practice is harmless.

I'm sure there r ppl that would do this, however I crab in very remote places where crabs might not see another trap all year. I will get up to 20 keepers in a trap after a couple hour soak. I come across loads of crabs with missing limbs. Who knows how he list em.

Plus why take the pinchers the leg and body meat is way better........

As for red rock the only meat is in the pincher. I think we should fellow the rules set down south of us. If the crab is a certain size and has two pinchers you can remove one. Its a commerial fishery. We can buy bags of them frozen at QF here in Courtenay. Great fishery in my eyes. Why kill the crab just to harvest a pincher. Just take one.

Thats interesting FA. Didn't know that. Still seems kinda cruel. Even though I murder my fair share of sea food, I'm a bit of a bleeding heart when it comes to outright cruelty. Same goes for those guys who cut the noses off of dogfish or hack them up. I hate them as much as everyone else but I could never do that.

They changed the law in Washington. You can no longer take one claw of any crab and throw it back to regenerate a new one. Used to be OK but not any more.

Look up stone crab and claw fisheries :)

Claw fisheries are down south in places like Florida as well as Northern Europe. It's is a well managed fishery.

Back