Software update for lowrance elite7 hdi.

Hog Tide

Has anyone done a software update on the units. I'm tiring to get the tides and currents to show on my maps. I've updated the gold card, I'm not having any luck transferring the lowrance update to my unit. Any advice appreciated.

Been a couple years, but you use a blank SD card, not the Lowrance one, and download the software update. Then plug the card in to the unit. I have a Gen 1 HDS.

The only thing is I'm using a 8 gb card to put the update on.
Instructions say to us a card no bigger than 1gb. Not sure where I find that. I've gone to a few stores and can't find a 1gb micro card. That must be the problem. Strange that you can't use a memory card that big as it only needs to transfer files.

I did both my elite and hds updates with a 2gb. Worked no probs

I figured all the new units would read the high capacity SD cards. Bigger than 2 Gb. A 2 gig will work. But you have to unzip the files and copy to the SS card. The hds5 has some different directions, so maybe look at the Lowrance site.

After triing to find a smaller sd micro I gave up and went to tyee marine c-river. I was told the elites don't have the latest updates but the new elite chirps do. Anyhow they had the update card and they gave it to me to return it to the courtenay store after I'm done. I took it home and viola! tides and currents! Thanks tyee marine! If anyone has to update the units. Tyee has the update card.

Ok. This is still a issue!!! I have the tides and currents but I have noticed the tide info is wrong. The tides on my elite 7 are out to lunch compared to my iPod and iPhone. Not sure why? Anyone have this problem before?
Im not sure how to fix this. All the settings on the elite 7 look good,dates and times are correct.

Back