Sockeye Opening

I have been reading all your posts on this ....do you see any patterns...I've been fishing Alberni pretty steady for the last three weeks with all the gear you folks have been using....when the bite is on, almost (almost) anything will do...
* the more flashers in the water the better
I fish with one ghost on bottom and two rods stacked on top making a total of six flashers altogether.
* length of leader and length from clip to flasher is determined by how your boat can slow troll. I've been catching fish at a dead slow while the boat beside me was almost water skiing and catching too...(longer set ups.)
yesterday we had two double headers and two tripples..keep your rods fishing as they are not predatory fish, they bite when stimulated and go on and off the bite all day (not determined by tides either)

I'm soo glad and greatful to see posts from happy anglers...Campbell River should be so lucky right now...pretty depressing on the inside

boc

Anybody ever try fishing for Sockeye up along the Sunshine Coast? Gibsons to Roberts Creek.... I realize that probably isn't the BEST area (since most of them come in from the South), but that's where I'll be.... I've always assumed I'd have to go out into the strait pretty far.

Thanks!

Anybody ever try fishing for Sockeye up along the Sunshine Coast? Gibsons to Roberts Creek.... I realize that probably isn't the BEST area (since most of them come in from the South), but that's where I'll be.... I've always assumed I'd have to go out into the strait pretty far.

Thanks!

Back