SOCKEYE FN ILLEGAL HARVEST

Yeah, but god help you if you were to be one fish over the limit. It’s disgusting how DFO downplays the significance of the incidents to avoid sparking controversy. I’m rapidly losing respect for DFO Leadership, assuming there is some!

Yeah - and they are wasting time checking us for barbed hooks while sockeye and sturgeon are dying in illegal nets. Everybody at DFO involved in salmon fisheries decisions, management, and enforcement deserves to be fired. The entire department needs to be rebuilt from the ground up.

I was shocked to see that DFO actually went public with this. We should be happy at least to see this being made public. Would have loved to see more investigative reporting on this to uncover what exactly DFO has done about it. Did they have nets, vehicles and everything else used to illegally fish confiscated? Will there be fines leveraged against them? What do their band chiefs say about those individuals or is it supported by the bands? I'd love to see media put a whole lot more exposure on this.

I just googled that title and it was a brief story originally posted by Business In Vancouver and so far only Castanet is the only other media has carried the story NOT a single major broadcaster or publication has yet to publish the story. So instead of being mad at DFO how about calling out the national media for IGNORING this story as they only EVER carry the FN side of the story about how they're starving, they have no salmon, how they're not taking any salmon this year, on and on yet here's the real side to the story and NO big press telling the real story.

How about we be Choked about the Media, the silent, so called called Environmentalists and DFO. If DFO plans to do nothing until the media is behind them, Or the Enviro’s admit there’s a problem, then they might as well pack it it. This is all about politics not conservation.

The story certainly has been pushed to big media and not being run. Spineless cowards. Where are the ENGOs!?!?

I was shocked to see that DFO actually went public with this. We should be happy at least to see this being made public. Would have loved to see more investigative reporting on this to uncover what exactly DFO has done about it. Did they have nets, vehicles and everything else used to illegally fish confiscated? Will there be fines leveraged against them? What do their band chiefs say about those individuals or is it supported by the bands? I'd love to see media put a whole lot more exposure on this.

I just googled that title and it was a brief story originally posted by Business In Vancouver and so far only Castanet is the only other media has carried the story NOT a single major broadcaster or publication has yet to publish the story. So instead of being mad at DFO how about calling out the national media for IGNORING this story as they only EVER carry the FN side of the story about how they're starving, they have no salmon, how they're not taking any salmon this year, on and on yet here's the real side to the story and NO big press telling the real story.
Big Press is all waiting for their taxpayer funded bailout dollars from the Liberals and will not bite the hand that feeds them. That is the state of the media these days. No more investigative reporting it costs money the days of Raif Mair or the Legendary Jack Webster are never coming back and it's too bad because as a kid growing up they sure showed you where the bs was on any issue on any side.

Back