Snow

More melted after going to bed last night then fell. This sucks. I wanted to go use my blower. Guess I should of fired it up last night.

Anyone check out the temps for the next 3-4 days. -3 to -9 ouch

I was working in deep cove lastnight. Yowza! It was coming down. The drive home from there in the 2 wheel drive work van with shyte tires on it sucked. Took me over 2 hours going 20km/hr Was about 6 inches out that way.

-Steve

Just finished a 6 hour shift plowing snow at work. Started at 4am and never got out of the truck till I came home. There was about 5"-6".

Yesterday, 6-7" on the ground.
Today ? hopefully a lot less, but it has only been snowing for a half hour now.

Snow blowers - FA, I have snow blower envy.

But for those of you who may be interested, I got fed up with the snow shovelling routine - if I'm going to have the heart attack, I don't want it from shovelling snow - so I bought a little electric Toro Power Curve snow blower.
Gave it a good test yesterday. It wasn't fast, only about a 16" swath, but it chugged along, threw the snow 4-12 feet, seemed to do better with the ares where the snow was fluffier. It did not like the wet packed stuff the snow plow had piled up at the end of the driveway. Having an electric cord is a nuisance, and it is pretty light, all plastic so I can see the blade wearing out and needing replacement in a few years. But I'm satisfied that it does what I want it to do.
BTW, my driveway is a sloped bugger about 110 long.

My driveway is 250ft long. Thank heaven for a good neighbour with a Kabota!!!! The few inches we had is just the start according to the long range winter forecast....

IMGP2035.jpg

Back