Smelly jelly or not

Loghauler

Does smelly jelly make the difference between getting salmon or not all other things being equal ?

commercial guys use a product to clean their gear of human smell. L-serine on humans repels all fish. If you could keep gloves on always, or put a coating of some other smell on the hands, it should help catch more fish. Anise, garlic, sardine, krill could be choices.

A squirt inside a turd seems to help for Hali trolling. So does a slice of anchovy.on the hook.
I need to remember to wash that gear before storing, otherwise the stinky mess spreads everywhere.

Awesome answers guys ! Tried my luck and found it lacking lol so next time out to ukee will apply some science of stink to increase chances
Was incredible to play on the big pond FYI small boats without electronics and fog don’t mix well glad I turned around at the green sea can
Next time will at least app my phone for safety sake or get electronics
Boss texted on second day out fire season is over back to the grind
Have fun and be safe everyone

Awesome answers guys ! Tried my luck and found it lacking lol so next time out to ukee will apply some science of stink to increase chances
Was incredible to play on the big pond FYI small boats without electronics and fog don’t mix well glad I turned around at the green sea can
Next time will at least app my phone for safety sake or get electronics
Boss texted on second day out fire season is over back to the grind
Have fun and be safe everyone
No. YOU be safe!

Too many rocks around there and they don't all have kelp for warning you. Phones are tricky when the waves come splashing. Get a mounted GPS/sounder and put the phone in a watertight container for backup.

Isn’t there a Charlie white video of him putting a spoon or something in the bilge and then catching a fish on it. But on the other hand I remember my uncle trolling and was on medication or ointment and didn’t catch a fish on his side and partner did until he wore gloves then he caught fish so who knows

I rub a little on my hands when I start fishing to try and mask other smells.

Back