skunked

scott craven

Trolled oak bay flats and Clover point to Trial islands
this afternoon, not a sniff in 3 hours...
Anchovie, spoons alternating depths but nothing doing.
I think it's time for a road trip... maybe Sooke is better ?:(

I went out with Dave Y today and he picked up a 27lb spring off of the Sooke Harbor mouth. I had to bonk a small 7lb hali that decided to inhale my anchovy setup.
We only saw 3 other fish come in
Cheers
Jason

Me too,skunked....It was a beautiful day for a boat ride.
We left wharf at 7.00 and towed another boat back from Otter Pt. to harbour, before gettin the gear in. We trolled a betsy gold w/72" green headed anchovy at 55' for our first bite..we lost it after a small fight. Fished for another 2 hrs then lost a nice one to the seal right off muir creek. Tried off sherringham and gave up as soon as 'yellow stripes' showed up and started bording boats and doin spot checks for paperwork and safety equipment.[}:)]Seen only 1 other fish caught and was told of 3 others. Good Luck, I'll try again tomorrow.
Ps there was lots of bait and fish on the sounders;)

Trolled Secretary-Bluffs 1800hrs to dark, nothing.
Other boats headed in around 19oohrs,gave up Im sure. Nice and calm for a change.
Word is its still spotty,reminiscent of last year.

1'st fishing trip of the season. We fished Otter pt. Yesterday (Sat. evening) 17:00-20:00. we picked up a 25 1/2 lb., 15 lb. springs. and released a smaller spring. Gorgeous evening, flat calm, fish in the boat, motored in with a gorgeous sun set in the back ground. What an evening! [8D]

well done Rock....
glad to hear some people had some success
on the water. definitely sounds like some bigger
fish have moved in.

Back