Skeena Sockeye

Trapper

Hey all, I am brand new here. Glad I found this site. Anyways, question of the day... what is the sockeye run anticipated to be this year on the Skeena? So sad last year made the long trek and bought all kinds of gear but no bag limit last year, and here I was certain they were just joking and going to let us harvest once the run got strong!

I guess we have a better idea now. Looks good according to the DFO numbers this year, already more fish in the river so far this year than the total last year and it just started! To bad the rules arent like in Alaska that when the run is so big they up the daily and possession limits. Would be nice to kill 8 per day and get it over with...the meat supply that is.

I see it's been quiet! As it's a sockeye post and I started it, surely I can change the subject up a little??? New subject now...

Circle hooks for sockeye

Have you used them... like? Dislike?

The SFAB proposed these to DFO years ago.
Nothing happening from DFO.
Send them an email and ask them what they are doing.

I guess we have a better idea now. Looks good according to the DFO numbers this year, already more fish in the river so far this year than the total last year and it just started! To bad the rules arent like in Alaska that when the run is so big they up the daily and possession limits. Would be nice to kill 8 per day and get it over with...the meat supply that is.

I see it's been quiet! As it's a sockeye post and I started it, surely I can change the subject up a little??? New subject now...

Circle hooks for sockeye

Have you used them... like? Dislike?

Back