Single or Dual belt Scotty Downrigger?

dawn2dusk

I want to sell one of my electrics as I have three and never use the third backup. I have two that are pre-2000 with the 2 belt system, and a newer one I think the 1106 model with the single belt system. I have found the older onces to be more reliable ie. the belts have never broken on the old ones. But the 1106 has an extendable boom which is handy. Some say that the new kevlar single belt does not break either. Not sure if I have replaced with one or not. Intuition tells me to sell one of the older ones.

Do the members here have any preference between the old (pre-2000) and post 2000 electrics?

Cheers

Last edited by a moderator:
I have one of each, my dual belt just got a new motor & power cord under warranty. (gotta love that Scotty warranty)
i actually prefer the 1106 , but i'm sure everyone has their own preference.

I have the the single belt model and have had only one belt break over the three years of running them.I believe the belt was the non Kevlar type. Extendable boom is a nice addition to a downrigger. I would sell one of the old models :)

I like them both got one that is a double belt never in all the yrs running had one break but lots of the singles till they went with the new stye,
if its not an extendable boom sell that one. I carry extra belts now just incase

Wolf

I love the old double belt riggers. I have never had to replace a belt on a double belter but have changed many single belts over the years.

I've never changed a single (kelvar ) belt. I carry spares just in case but haven't used them. I have more issues with boom end pulleys seizing up over a couple seasons. Scotty does replace the bad ones for free when I take them in for their annual winter tune up.

Edit. found what I need

Last edited by a moderator:
Back