Since we can post more pics now...

Lipripper

This is an old one................

The oldest(of mine) sure has been following me around a lot lately..

Saturday: He wanted some crab so we tried, the weather was nasty and the seals were hungry. Totally smashed one trap and raped the other. Go home with no crab.

Sunday: The boys and I headed to the lake for some BBQ hot dogs and some powerbait fushin. That didn't work out and we weren't done. The referenced Monster wanted to check out the river... The other home to play video games. He wanted to fish so I chucked him a baitcast set up. I only made a few cast that afternoon as I and buddies that were at the river were spending that much time givin this 8yr tips on how to do it. He enjoyed the camaraderie and the experience.

Today (Monday): I have random Mondays off... The kid needs a fish. I also probably looked kinda funny dragging "The 12 Foot Grady" through the school parking lot to grab the boys.

[4WruodIBlfs] http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4WruodIBlfs

IMG_2546.jpg

IMG_2550.jpg

Why would you not want to get out for a couple hours on a day like today?

IMG_2556.jpg

IMG_2552.jpg

Threw a K1 black w/sparkle on the kids rod.

IMG_2547.jpg

Seriously.......

IMG_2555.jpg

IMG_2566.jpg

Once the after school snacks(candy and pop) were done they got antsy....

IMG_2560.jpg

The flight...

IMG_2568.jpg

The approach...

IMG_2570.jpg

Touchdown...

IMG_2571.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
It took quite a while, the fish weren't rising and were not on the same pattern I saw yesterday... Shallow. It sure was nice to be out there though.

IMG_2573.jpg

IMG_2584.jpg

IMG_2578.jpg

Finally after this guy started settle...

IMG_2579.jpg

They started to sip... Threw a split shot on the kids kwickfish so he could cast. We started hunting rings.

The action was quick for a few minutes and I managed a couple on the 4wt. The kid lost one and saw one chase right to the boat on a instructional cast..
I do not like trout but we had to keep them.

IMG_2590.jpg

He wanted to eat them.....Cook them too

IMG_2594.jpg

The guy tatered both fish..

IMG_2596.jpg

Good thing too.... I would rather the pork tenderlions..

Like lookin in a freakin mirror! and I dont just mean the lake! LOL

Looks like hes got the bug. Soon he will want to hike down to the pond at the golf course and catch and release trout every hour of daylight!

Cheers!

-KK

Back