SIMRAD NSS7 evo2 Plotter/sounder

barrie

Up at Harbour Chandler on the wknd and had a look at the new SIMRAD Chartplotter/sounder. Very nice unit , I'm thinking about buying it for the stern steering station. Anyone running one of these?

My thinking was if my Navnet crashes, I've got another plotter/sounder to use. Plus Denise was telling me that with a couple of options, I can run it on my iPad and have a second Simard display at helm. Can't remember if iPad will only be a slave display or a setting change display. My Primary need is for a stern plotter, I run a 10" Navnet display in sounder mode on dash and a 7" on plotter At the helm. I'm thinking of mounting transducer inside to shoot thru hull rather than a thru hull or transom mount. I realize I will loose some sensitivity but Probably couldn't run both transducers at the same time anyway.

Yup they seem to be good ones, going back up to pick it up at the end of the month. It's Amazing the improvement in technology over my Navnet.

Ok spill it Owen may be buying this exact SIMRAD NSS8 you have... Your still happy? I will be running 3g radar and will probably get the overlay as well. It was the gen 2 HDS 8 vs this one...

I absolutely love it, Id buy another. Highly recommend it.

Really easy to use, really fast responce..... As they say most don't even need to open the manual.

The only thing I dislike which I hate with all units just not Simrad, is the multi wire rear connection. Why can't they come out with a base thats slide in and play. One multi pin connector. It's no wonder that people leave their units in, cause it a pain to remove and put in every day.

I just picked up the nss8 a couple weeks ago from harbour Chandler. They had a good deal on it with a p66 transducer and navionics gold card. I ended up swapping out the gold card for the navionics+ which gives you better charts and it saved me 50 bucks off the package price. Hope to get out and try it soon

Back