Silver streak washdown install

T H

Installing a washdown pump on my streak. Wondering if any other SS owners have pics of where their water pickup is and how/where it's running to the pump in the aft cabinet. I'll be welding an aluminum standpipe in but split between welding in a new thru hull with valve or tacking on a pickup tube down the outside of the transom so I don't have water intrusion concerns should the valve ever fail. All else fails I'll call SS Monday and get some advice. Feel free to PM me if you don't want to post photos to the thread. Thanks in advance!

Weld a threaded NPT male pipe with a stainless ball valve. Really depends on hull thickness if you need backing plates

I reamed the hole for my kicker fuel line out thru the transom and ran a rubber pickup hose thru and straight down thru the pod deck with a couple 90° fittings. Little hillbilly but works great and was easy. Pump mounted port side gunnel bulkhead beside battery and switch mounted on the front of the bulkhead (inside the gunnel). Could take pics tomorrow if you need.

Thanks TakesAll I'll PM you.

Still happy to see what others have done and appreciate any input!

Call Silver Streak before you start drilling anything! It may be better in the long run if they give you a price. I bought mine already installed but have been back there for other things, and they have been very helpful.

Reactions: T H
Back