Silver streak anchor belly line

Run it up thru your bow roller and put it one of the cleats

I don't have a silver streak ,but I loop it through the front (where your trailer winch attaches) and then back to a rear cleat.I keep it tight when not in use so it doesn't slap the side of boat,but loosen it off when anchoring and retrieving.

I run mine to my back trailer hold-down, only been out about a dozen times but no issue yet with fraying. the clip dosent go completely smooth but I always give it a shot of gas to set my boat and get it to the front

I run my line from bow eye to rear cleat on the port side.
carabiner to anchor rope slides back to the cleat as you power forward to pull anchor.

I own a Silver Streak and I attached this line on the boat before I launch. I attach both ends with a stainless steel carabiner to the bow eye and the port hand side stern trainer hold down eye. I leave my rear port cleat free to pull of the anchor. Works great.

The intent of securing to a cleat is much safer than a hard point at the stern. If all goes bad then you can let it go under load as opposed to fighting a clip.
You could still run through the hard point but secure by the cleat if chafing is an issue, the clip also has the ability to hang up as it passes through the buoy arrangement.

Last edited:
Use a snap shackle at the rear cleat easier and faster release under tension.
You mean like a stenhouse snap? I just leave a tail with no eye that's not long enough to get in the wheel if it happens to end up in the water. How do you tension it?

Last edited:
9070F108-5E71-4A6F-A3F5-49D80D45E837.jpeg
Just pull the ring to release. Similar to what Murphy’s uses in his demo video with bcosf. I believe he is using a quick release that they use for horses when tacking up in the cross ties which would also work.

Last edited:
View attachment 81073
Just pull the ring to release. Similar to what Murphy’s uses in his demo video with bcosf. I believe he is using a quick release that they use for horses when tacking up in the cross ties which would also work.
I don't think that's meant as a load release. I think It's for snapping to a sail with no load. Not for me anyway, pushing 14000lbs.

Pretty sure thats for horses, not load rated for release of 4 tonnes of boat (7 in my case), careful where you put your fingers.
But, if that's your gig, try a Senhouse Slip, marine rated 316 release, just knock the ring with your bonker.
I'll stick with the slip line on a cleat though......no eyes, shackles or otherwise to hang up as it passes through the buoy, just the tail of the rope, And you can tension the rope to diminish hull slap.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220616-081927_Edge.jpg
    Screenshot_20220616-081927_Edge.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 16
No brainer, if in trouble cut the line, that is what the whole set up is designed for. If you don't want to do that then move the boat to get enough slack to release the clip. If it is under a lot of tension it doesn't matter where/what it is connected to it will be hard to get off - hence the line cutting option.

No brainer, if in trouble cut the line, that is what the whole set up is designed for. If you don't want to do that then move the boat to get enough slack to release the clip. If it is under a lot of tension it doesn't matter where/what it is connected to it will be hard to get off - hence the line cutting option.
Or you could let go the cleated line:rolleyes: why cut it? I've used a Senhouse with 10,000 tonnes hanging off it, works well, just a quick smash and it's gone. Just sayin there are better/safer marine practices.

Last edited:
I run my belly line from the bow eye back to the rear cleat. When I go to pull my anchor I take the carabiner off the belly line and snap it to the transom eye. I prefer the more straight on pull....not worried about letting it go quick I have 600ft of main line, 50ft to the ball and lots of time to get enough slack to unhook it if needed. I never anchor in currents moving that quick either.

Back