Should I buy a Hewescraft 22' searunner ?

Right on tincan. Nice boats. Two buddies of mine bought Luxor Offshores from Siglers. Incredible deals. Congrats.

I have spent a lot of time in the Hewescrafts and also a friend of mine also bought the luxor offshore 22ish with a 140 suzuki. Its maybe a little underpowered but it rides really nice with the air suspension seats that came with it. Beware oh because his was missing some welds on the extended transom and the extended transom filled up with water and really was a problem with it getting on plane. We visited the factory and they were more than willing to fix it if he brought the boat to them in Lewiston Idaho but the dealer in Oregon would not help him.

I use to own a hewescraft and I really liked the layout. The fit and finish on the hewes is not the best but it was build to be a fishing boat and it does that well. The paint on the hewes has been a problem for a while and there seems to be some corrison around the window mouldingsof most hewescraft boats. As for the Thunderjet there look really good but I have heard some bad things about them, like missing welds and not enough bracing in the hull. When I was buying a new boat I spoke with almost all the major boat builders in the states alot of them were build in Centeral Point OR and almost all the boat builders said, Thunderjet spent more time making things look pretty then building them tough.

Back