Shoot Thru Hull Transducer 1998 B/W 21' Conquest

AlK

I want to install a shoot thru hull transducer on my 1998 21' Conquest. (Hate drilling holes in my boat.) Is there a specific location on that hull for the shoot thru hull transducer and are the sonar readings noticeably affected by using a shoot thru hull transducer?
Thanks

thru-hull transducers are "the cats meow. "
You want it mounted somewhere that wont be getting turbulence when running, ie. behind where your breaking water and not behind anything else sticking out the bottom of the bull. towards the keel is better as it will be deeper and smoother there too

Have a p79 airmar connected to a lowrance hds7 that seems to work well up to about 28 mph in calm water.
As the water gets rougher it seems to have a more difficult time reading at high speed.
It seems from what Ive read an in hull transucer works the best...although Im satisfied awith the performance of the P79.
It is important to install where there is minimal turbulance and in a spot that the hull is not cored.
Airmar has the instructions for installation on their site.

mines in the bilge well, i've been happy with not having a transducer hanging off the back of the boat, I don't notice much difference in performance, seems to be about the same,

X2 on the P79 shoot thru

Glad to hear that you all seem to be happy with the shoot thru the hull transducers. Unless I know exactly where to install the transucer in my Boston Whaler the sonar may not work because of all the foam.

I spoke to a Tech Rep. with Boston Whaler and I cannot use a shoot thru hull transducer on my boat.
Thanks you everyone.

Back