Shimano Mooching Reel 2000GT Plus.

Murry

Hi Everybody

I posted this question earlier, but ran into some problems logging into my account and then lost all my messages, so I'm reposting it. If you responded, please reply again.

Thanks in advance.

Looking for parts for an older model of Shimano Mooching Reel 2000GT Plus. I broke off a knob (handle). I ordered parts from Shimano and it appears they have changed the knob and shaft. The new one is made of softer rubber, mine is hard plastic. Not really concerned about the change in knobs, but the shaft is now bigger and the new shaft will not fit into the hole in the reel. I'm looking for the knob and shaft, but will take just the shaft.

If you have an older reel, mine are from around 2000, and would like to sell it for parts, please give me a call or drop me a message.
Or if you have any suggestions of what I can do to fix the reel, that also would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Murry 403.-804-6738.

Hi Murray. It sounds like you got the parts for a Gt4000 by mistake. If you google "shimano reel repair" you will find other sources for parts. Closest is John's Sporting Goods in Everett WA.

I will dig and look for handles. I have 2 which are backup reels 'just in case'...switched handles to paddles so somewhere I do have some round handles.

Thanks Pippen, that would be most appreciated, but what I really need is not the handle, but the shaft. I can make the handle they sent work.
Ericl, thanks for the lead. I'll give John's Sporting Good a call.

Murry, I have a GT2000 you can have. I recently decided to get some new reels :)

dPiPzkh.jpg

Last edited:
Back