Shimano Clarus Mooching Rod Reviews

demco99

Has anyone tried these? Thoughts? I'm familiar with the technium and convergence, always liked them, and am in the market for a pair of new mooching rods.

Has anyone tried these? Thoughts? I'm familiar with the technium and convergence, always liked them, and am in the market for a pair of new mooching rods.
Tried the Clarus spinning rod and wasn’t impressed with the action. Why not buying a pair of tried and true Techniums? You can’t go wrong with them at that price point.

Ask @Derby about the ones my buddies have bought in the past couple of years (don't recall the brand). I believe he was selling them to a number of lodges and they seem pretty good for a very good price. They have a fairly sensitive tip but a pretty good decent backbone to them.

I just bought a Clarus to pair up with a Hardy Longstone. It fished very well in WH catching Salmon up to 20lbs and one hell of a big shark. It felt similar to a convergance.

Trophy has got a new 10'6" and a 9' DR rod. They have an EVA top handle, and below the reel seat, a slick butt bottom handle. Other rods of that quality are $350. These ones are $159

I like my Kufa better than my Trophy Titans

Maybe cuz it's caught more fish and is a fraction of the price but it feels really good too and has been tough as nails

Back