Sharkhide Hull protectant

pinball90

Has anyone on here used this stuff on their boat? if so, how well did it work and where can you find it on the island?

I used it on my new aluminum last summer. The stuff is amazing, boat still looks new without any of the white pitting marks showing up. I put two coats on before it touched the salt, boat sat in water most of summer. I will be putting one or two more coats on this spring, best to apply when its warm. I ordered it straight off their website delivered to my door, checked around the island and seemed like none carried the stuff.

It's really just a clearcoat laquer based paint in a way... With some abuse it will rub off (fenders, etc), should clean and re-apply every year, but it definitely works. Get some dulling effect when it gets marked up. If the boat is already dull it wont matter of course!

I have a boat that had shark hide applied before it left the showroom. It's 5 years old now and shiny as a new dime. The stuff works.

Franko

MILF (Man, I Love Fishing)

Manufacturer said they apply Sharkhide to all unpainted areas of the aluminun. Soon after now plenty of oxidation and tiny pits. I don't think there was much if any Sharkhide applied to the hull. I'll be talkin to the Manu. shortly.

That sounds bad chuck. My new aluminum Raider had shark hide applied 3+ years ago by the factory and is still very shiny. 220 hours on the main and 500ish on the kicker to give you an idea of my use, never moored for longer than 10 days though.

You can definitely see a couple small spots that were missed that are very dull gray. The rest of the boat still basically looks like brand new aluminum.

I'm not big on cosmetics, so haven't bothered to reapply. I suspect once it gets worn off a bit unevenly it's going to start looking pretty awful...

Back