SFAB - Victoria Committee meeting

B

biggest

IMPORTANT MEETING REMINDER

What: Victoria SFAB Local Committee Meeting

When: Monday 31st March 2008 at 7:30 PM

Where: Esquimalt Anglers Lounge, 1101 Munro Street, Victoria
(Located at the bottom of Lampson Street, Esquimalt)

Agenda: Below

Dear Salt Water Anglers,

This meeting is your chance to learn more about and ask Fisheries and Oceans Canada (DFO) first hand about the issues that face our recreational fishing opportunities in the waters from Port Renfrew to Duncan. I have arranged for several DFO staff members to attend in order to provide us information and answer any questions or concerns we may have. I have confirmed the following DFO staff are attending: Bill Shaw (A/Chief of Recreational Fisheries), Gord McEachen (Chief, Resource Management and Area Director) and Larry Paike (Head of Enforcement for our area).

Please make every effort to attend so you can find out why we have the new restrictive halibut and salmon regulations in place and learn more about possible additional conservation management measures being considered for the future.

Great to see some SFAB meeting dates out there for the public to see....very sad that in our area I know nothing about when and where these meetings are held. I live in the Comox Valley and have no idea what if anything our group does, where they meet etc...is there a SFAB here????.is there no SFAB website or public notice of these meetings....?????Many of my freinds fishing buddies have long wondered what the SFAB in the area does and who makes up the group...does anyone out there know if we even have one here......

Howdy,

Biggest: Thanks for the post; late as it was. When and how were you noitfied about this meeting?

Here I am finding out the day after. Wonderful.

Course, if lots of us locals had due notice there might have been a good turnout and I'm sure FOE don't want a bunch of us pissed angler's in their face. We're loud... and obnoxious, and we swear!

Cheers,
Terry

quote:Originally posted by bayliner 101

I totally agree, there seems to be the same thing happening up here in the Comox Valley with little or no information getting out from a SFAB up here if there is one at all......isn't the SFAB supposed to be about rec anglers having a voice....what the *&%^$ is going on....what happened to our voice being heard....halibut, never heard a thing....salmon whats going on....regulation changes....openings.....closures....are any other rec anglers in other areas having this problem??????????

I see only 6 posts on this site , so are you new to the Comox Valley?
Have you contacted the DFO office?
Do you read the Record?
Do you belong to the Courtenay Club?

I attended the meeting last night. (my first)
Very well run and informative.
Nice to hear the other side of the coin. Not that I agree with everything but good to hear some reasoning and the challenges involved.
Also nice to see the SFAB is doing a good job and is very direct with the DFO about their (our) thoughts, concerns and disappointments.
Good job and thanks to the SFAB.

Bayliner101... Judging by your first few posts you may want to relax a bit before attending one of these meetings. Then attend and listen at a couple before getting too involved. There are people out there doing a good job of representing us and are volunteering their time in doing so.

Tips

No born and raised in the Comox Valley. I have never seen any SFAB articles in the paper other than what Ralph Shaw writes in his column. Does the SFAB post meeting times, minutes etc in the Comox Valley Record? Does DFO run and schedule the meetings. I went there today and saw nothing posted in the foyer or anywhere about SFAB meetings. Is there a person at the DFO office in Comox that runs it?Whats a Courtenay Club? How do you get the word out about your meetings? Thanks

quote:Originally posted by OldBlackDog

I totally agree, there seems to be the same thing happening up here in the Comox Valley with little or no information getting out from a SFAB up here if there is one at all......isn't the SFAB supposed to be about rec anglers having a voice....what the *&%^$ is going on....what happened to our voice being heard....halibut, never heard a thing....salmon whats going on....regulation changes....openings.....closures....are any other rec anglers in other areas having this problem??????????

I see only 6 posts on this site , so are you new to the Comox Valley?
Have you contacted the DFO office?
Do you read the Record?
Do you belong to the Courtenay Club?

Did you talk to anyone at the DFO office?

http://www3.telus.net/courtenayfishandgame/
This gets you to the site.

Go to Gone Fishing or Peters Sporting goods.

Thanks to Biggest and all the other volunteers that put their time at these meetings.. Your right Tips there 2 sides to every story..

Back