sewage

Look up trolling, it appears we found another word you can't comprehend! Who started this thread again? Oh yeah your buddy!

Look up trolling, it appears we found another word you can't comprehend! Who started this thread again? Oh yeah your buddy!

Yep... who's the "troll"?
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Jump to: navigation, search
"Trolling" redirects here. For other uses, see Troll (disambiguation).
For a Wikipedia essay on the topic, see meta:What is a troll?

In Internet slang, a troll (/ˈtrl/, /ˈtrɒl/) is a person who sows discord on the Internet by starting arguments or upsetting people, by posting inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community (such as a forum, chat room, or blog) with the deliberate intent of provoking readers into an emotional response[SUP][3][/SUP] or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion.

This sense of the word troll and its associated verb trolling are associated with Internet discourse, but have been used more widely. Media attention in recent years has equated trolling with online harassment. For example, mass media has used troll to describe "a person who defaces Internet tribute sites with the aim of causing grief to families.

Hey Capt'n cut and paste, do you ever understand what you post or just fling it out there in the vain hope it makes sense? Are you and Reel Fast one and the same? Notice he disappeared and you arrived?
Do you not comprehend that initial start up of this thread, when you were reel fast, was posted to start an argument? How about his childish threats? Get someone to explain to you what the definition you posted means.Its great to mine internet stuff, even better if you read it and still better if you comprehend it. As the adult in this discussion, I'm done Charlie Reel fast, have a good day!

Last edited by a moderator:
Charlie, Charlie, Charlie ... you should have stuck with the anti farming posts. Now everyone knows what you are about.

that was pretty funny Ziggy. no, I'm just an old guy who is baffled by events like this. I believe in trying to make our planet a better place so I was astonished to read that, once again, building a treatment plant was back burnered. once this goes beyond NPR and the broadcast channels get involved, the childish notion of boycotting Victoria could become a reality. I know every time I come over for a visit, I am thinking about this raw sewage. but the citizens of BC don't seem inclined to take any positive steps forward in resolving this decades old issue which, in my mind, casts a pall over the entire island and it inhabitants.

are there no forward thinking groups on the island willing to stand up and make noise? I know the issues that were called out regarding WA state are being dealt with, however slowly, but they are on the stove and they are funded. this lack of involvement is probably why Morton is a lone voice in the wilderness, pat her on the back but sit on your hands is no way to get things done. our conservation groups have come to realize that the only way forward is though the courts and they are not hesitant to take that approach.

good luck with your sewage, its only a matter of time before this **** hits the national media fan.

People seem to have this image that turds are washing up on our beaches and there's a plume of questionable cloudy water boiling up to the surface near the outfall. That is just not the case. Ross Bay beach adjacent to the outfall is clean. No signs or smells of poop.

People seem to have this image that turds are washing up on our beaches and there's a plume of questionable cloudy water boiling up to the surface near the outfall. That is just not the case. Ross Bay beach adjacent to the outfall is clean. No signs or smells of poop.
...no condoms or tampax applicators since they started screening. Perhaps we could replace oil with sewage; pump it through the pipeline;let them refine it & spread it on their GMO crops.

I'm having a hard time seeing the boarder from this view point.
Point is that we share this planet and we need to keep care of it.
If your not part of the solutions, then you are part of the problem.
earth_moon3.jpg

this has been an issue for over 20 years now. I would think the siting for this plant would have been resolved some time ago. I see our governor just kicked this up a notch today. I can see the boycott of the 60s repeating itself in the very near future. good thing you islanders don't rely on the tourist trade for your summer bucks.

PS - pointing out a variety of issues in WA is not an excuse for not taking action. no other metropolitan in the developed world is this blatant with their lack of concern for our shared environment.

Sorry but that's laughable. Who's your president and what's he doing for the environment?

Find it amusing that city of Vancouver has to build a new sewage plant to make the level 2 requirements and yet if you don't have a plant at all.... No need to upgrade, lol
Anyone get that? Vancouver has to spend millions and build a new plant....lol

They are.

I mean everywhere that needs it! Don't want it in your backyard, I'm about 1 km from the Edmonton gold bar waste treatment facility and can't smell it, technology has really improved over the years. They recover biogas and use it to help production. Edmonton is state of the art both solid and liquid waste. Interesting read and more places should follow. Like organic waste is turned into compost and sold, on the island you can't throw it away and composting it brings in rats, raccoons, bears etc.

I mean everywhere that needs it! Don't want it in your backyard, I'm about 1 km from the Edmonton gold bar waste treatment facility and can't smell it, technology has really improved over the years. They recover biogas and use it to help production. Edmonton is state of the art both solid and liquid waste. Interesting read and more places should follow. Like organic waste is turned into compost and sold, on the island you can't throw it away and composting it brings in rats, raccoons, bears etc.
All sewage treatment plants in province to upgrade to level 2 from what I understand, might be wrong but, thats why Vancouver has to upgrade. One thing tho why not just build a plant to third level to start with?

Every municipality should do their own thing. If Sooke can figure it out why can't the municipalities with medical clinics? Oak Bay needs to sort their sewage system most of all.

Back