Sept 30 camping ECVI

wishiniwasfishin1

Hey Guys,

I am going to take my 7 yr old daughter camping over the long weekend on the ECVI. I promised her a trip and the summer is seriously unwinding faster than i thought it would.

I would like to book a spot (i know its late) this weekend as I am going up to the Haida Gwaii for a salmon Derby on Sunday morning and wont be back until Wednesday night.

She will be in Qualicum with her mother, and I will pick her up Sat morn (Sept 30) and I would like to take her somewhere within a couple hours drive of Qualicum for the labour day weekend. I have done a maybe not so thorough search and it seems like there are a few places with water slides and mini golf but I am looking for something a little more off the grid. Any suggestions? It would be a bonus to be able to fish during the trip (river or ocean) as that is another promise (catch a salmon) that needs to be fulfilled in 2014.

Any recommendations would be seriously appreciated..

Try Salmon Point Resort in Black Creek. Not sure what kind of camping your looking for but excellent resort with campground and marina. Mini golf and gocarts nearby and lots of fishing opportunities in the area. Spent a week there early August. Kids had a blast and caught fish too!

I would go the other side of the oyster and stay at pacific campgrounds. They have an outdoor pool, the river runs right beside the campground (no fishing for salmon). But black creek is very close and great opportunity for coho off the shores. If you want more rustic try for mirical beach.

Back