seized prop

notmebud

how would you go about getting a seized prop of. I guess the previos owner never took it of and greased it.. Thanks,

A good shot of wd 40 or some penetrating oil and then maybe a rubber mallet.

Sent from my HTC

Penatrating oil spray, heat and puller .....

I have ran into this before take out cotter pin, take off nut and washer, soak the splines with foaming penetrating oil spray (Deep Creep or Power Blaster) a few times and then let sit over night. Next day heat it up not to hot that you take out your prop seal just enough to get the penetrating oil bubbling this may be enough to free it. If repeating this process still doesn't free it up now you need to use a puller if you don't have one go to Canadian Tire parts counter and they will give you one with a deposit equal to its value use it take it back and you get your deposit back. JMHO

Cheers Kevin

Bigger hammer......
emo-coffee.gif

a few choices that i've used in the past
1 some GOOD penetrating fluid(jb80) small block of wood hit the back of the blade hard but not hard enough to damage (especially with aluminum)
2 fab a gear puller to grab the back of the blades and push on the center of the prop shaft making sure not to damage the threads. if it doesn't pop then get a good amount of pressure on it and give the center a good tap.
3 cut it off and replace it worst-case.
be real careful with heat damage to seals and the prop hub can occur very easily

Back