Secondary transducer location question.

N2013

29D7E754-0D76-405E-A614-2A94D02BB361.jpeg
Can I add a second transducer right beside my current one as long as they run on different frequencies? I think it would need to go to the right of the existing one. Both are lowrance 7’s.

Yes ,I have a friend that has that on the same boat as yours.Your existing one looks too high,do's it read depth at speed? He runs a P66 and a 3 in 1 on Lowrance in his 185 DE.

Last edited:
Yes ,I have a friend that has that on the same boat as yours.Your existing one looks too high,do's it read depth at speed? He runs a P66 and a 3 in 1 on Lowrance in his 185 DE.
Yes it is mounted high. I couldn’t get the placement right and battled the spray forever. Gave in and mounted it high. If I’m concerned about water under my boat, I’m going slow enough that my transducer is in the swim.

Pull that one off and attach a piece of starboard in the same location that’s long enough to fit both transducers rough starboard with 80grit and clean the bottom paint off the area on the transom then acetone both first and use 5200. Then you can use short screws and move them around as you need to without worrying about more holes in the boat.

Get some stainless steel screws! Those screw heads are going to pop off when you go to remove them.

Get some stainless steel screws! Those screw heads are going to pop off when you go to remove them.
Ya those ones were not stainless like
Advertised. I got one out but can’t get the other 3 out so I’ll need to tap the rest out hopefully.

use 4200 not 5200 as its not coming off and i have ran two transducers side by side and yes have them on different freq's

and go with a spacer block as suggested then no more holes other than the ones you have and maybe two more at most ....

I'm pretty sure I just used Sikaflex and mine hasn't moved. I cut some lines into the Lexan so that the Sika has more surface to bond to.

Attachments

• IMG_5959.jpg
    IMG_5959.jpg
    127.3 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_5960.jpg
    IMG_5960.jpg
    148.6 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_5991.jpg
    IMG_5991.jpg
    162.5 KB · Views: 49
I’m not removing the existing block. It’s 5200 on there. Not gonna debate the 4200 vs 5200. All good. Thanks for the input boys.

Back