Second house battery

The inverter only runs a single plug that runs the coffee maker. It's a 2 way fridge below. No microwave but thinking of a butane stove. image.jpeg

Just curious why you would need such a high power inverter for one small appliance, would seem a tad overkill.

Just curious why you would need such a high power inverter for one small appliance, would seem a tad overkill.
That inverter is not overkill having wired my rv for a full solar setup over the years I know the 2000w rating is a peak power not sustained. A lot of appliances draw way more than the calculated power upon start-up such as fridges and freezers. Power management is critical-in fact may not be a bad idea for the first few times to have your motor charging the system while you turn on the coffee just to see what the actual draw is. Gets way more critical if you try a micro and then I would go to a 5000w inverter because initial start-up is very high and may cause the inverter to over-load and shut-down.

Not really over kill as spring fever stated. The Keurig needs 1500watts on initial start up when it heats the water so 2000watts gives me a little extra just in case.

Not really over kill as spring fever stated. The Keurig needs 1500watts on initial start up when it heats the water so 2000watts gives me a little extra just in case.
By the -way butane is an excellent cooking source for safety-ease of carting fuel ,clean etc but be aware it has a major draw -back if the temperature outside is cold the butane does not produce much pressure from the can. Sometimes with a half full bottle there is not a lot of heat or flame. So always carry extra bottles- Use half full ones when the daytime heat is around and full ones at night or in the morning. Used it for a few years and would go back to it if I didnèt have a diesel cooker. Much better than alcohol or propane!

Have the same one perfect for coffee I also use it for laptop and charging phones etc hasn't let me down.

Those one cup brewers can draw from 700 - 1400 watts (up to +/- 10 amps) - granted for a short time, but your inverter needs to be able to handle that load.

Have the same one perfect for coffee I also use it for laptop and charging phones etc hasn't let me down.

I know we're getting a little off topic again, but I thought I'd mention this as it relates to safety for your electronic equipment. Unless the inverter is a pure sine wave inverter do not run sensitive expensive electronic equipment on AC from it. In the past I used cheaper inverters in my camper with laptop computers. I had two failures on the same laptop in the first year. That was when I started to research and found out that without a true sine wave inverter you can fry your more sensitive electronic equipment. It took a lot of searching but I found a universal auto voltage sensing DC power supply that came with interchangeable power tips for all the major brand laptop computers. If you use a laptop or iPad on board stick to a DC power source unless you have a pure sine wave inverter. Even rechargeable shavers can be ruined if not using a pure sine wave inverter. I probably fried one of those in the camper as well. At the time I had no idea all inverters are not created equal.

I just picked up a 3000w inverter for my camper on sale at Canadian tire if anyone is interested. Last day of sale today on for $179

I know we're getting a little off topic again, but I thought I'd mention this as it relates to safety for your electronic equipment. Unless the inverter is a pure sine wave inverter do not run sensitive expensive electronic equipment on AC from it. In the past I used cheaper inverters in my camper with laptop computers. I had two failures on the same laptop in the first year. That was when I started to research and found out that without a true sine wave inverter you can fry your more sensitive electronic equipment. It took a lot of searching but I found a universal auto voltage sensing DC power supply that came with interchangeable power tips for all the major brand laptop computers. If you use a laptop or iPad on board stick to a DC power source unless you have a pure sine wave inverter. Even rechargeable shavers can be ruined if not using a pure sine wave inverter. I probably fried one of those in the camper as well. At the time I had no idea all inverters are not created equal.
yeah ive read about that too... there is a list of things that are in the manual that are not to be used with this type of inverter .... the only thing I noticed is that it is not recommended to be used for lcd tvs

W
yeah ive read about that too... there is a list of things that are in the manual that are not to be used with this type of inverter .... the only thing I noticed is that it is not recommended to be used for lcd tvs

Well I know the issues I had with my old LCD screen laptop, so I would be cautious if using a laptop with an LCD screen personally. All I know is that I haven't had any issues with my laptops since buying the DC power source for traveling. The good thing about it is that it will work with any laptop and I think it was only about $40, so it was cheap insurance to not fry any more computers.

@Trophy21 - nice work! Those Keurigs are an expensive way cup of coffee, but they make a lot of sense on a day fishing boat - minimal mess, minimal time, minimal handling, minimal clutter. Put some Baileys in the cup before the coffee so you don't need cream, sugar or stir sticks!

Thanks sly karma. The coffee maker was by far the cheapest part, but it works well and I love my coffee! Baileys to!

Back