sechelt lakes this wknd??

M

muthaa

Hello everyone,and anyone!..I'm Adam.Not sure how often i will be in the forum,but the thought occured to me to ask someone here about fishing the sunshine coast.Going there this long weekend.Hoping to try some lakes for trout.I know there are higher elev. lakes around davis bay,but i believe they require 4x4.If anyone knows of any lakes accessible by car,that are decent fishing this time of year in sechelt area.? thank you..Adam..p.s..hopefully i posted this correctly?..Forgot to add,considering how often people get sick from red-tide contamination,i'm amazed how difficult it is to find out the latest update,even from marinas in sechelt.If anyone knows a hotline # that would be a plus thanks again

Probably the worst time of year to fish those lakes-try casting for Coho from the beaches instead.

Trout Lake (up 101 from Sechelt) is stocked.... I see a number of people fishing there (from small boats and from the shore) during the summer.

The beach casting for Coho is generally done at Porpoise Bay (later for chum). You can also flyfish from local beaches for cutthroat.

Here are the cutthroat stocked lakes on the coast and the number of fish per lake (as reported by the Sunshine Coast Salmon Enhancement Society on their website):

1,000 Trout Lake
500 Hotel Lake
800 Waugh Lake
500 Kline Lake
1,220 Garden Bay Lake

http://scsalmon.org/trout_stocking.html

TT - I don't actually fish the freshwater up on the Sunshine Coast, just the salt.... but... I believe Garden Bay Lake and Hotel Lake are up that way. Not sure of the regs though, you better check those first.

tight lines!

Back