seattle tackle

tubber

Hey gang, I'm in Seattle to see Steve Nash and Shaq tonight. Anybody know a great saltwater tackle store down here?
Thanks.

I guess I'll hit Nikka on the way home.
$24.99/lb for head on fresh chinook at Pike's Place Market. There was a 30 lber - guts = about 23lb? = $575.00. Ouch! The guy said they troll SE Alaska through most of the winter I was surprided to learn.

$29.99 for filets. Then they throw them around to put on a show, but guess what, fish are slippery and they are better at throwing than catching. Would you pay hundreds of dollars for the ones that hit that slimey floor?
That price helps me justify to my wife gas, camping, gear, bait, ferries etc... for three trips to VI from the Okanagan last summer to take home 7 springs and a few cohoes. At those prices, I might be breaking even. or not. But like most on here I would way rather spend my holiday money to go fishing in BC than some boring tour of Europe. Plus last time I measured, my Whaler was still 11' and I have 8 footitis for the Montauk 19. Anyone want to lend me $38000 plus tax and electronics? The Tower of Pisa will be waiting a long time for me to show up.

Thanks for the generous offer, but I'll have to pass. My wife pointed out today as we watched a guy taking his grandson out for a day of fishing from the boat launch in Redondo Beach that there is a correlation between the quality of the boat and the age of the owner. She said I'm not old enough to own a nice boat yet. 4 more years and my kid will be done college (I hope). Maybe then.

College is only the beginning ! birthdays , weddings, anniversaries...
the list goes on and on.
buy your boat and enjoy it while you can, just think of all those
$25 a lb Springs you will catch !

Hwy R S Craven, you nailed it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D SS

Ted's on Hwy 99 in Lynnwood is a good place for saltwater tackle...

quote:Originally posted by r.s craven

College is only the beginning ! birthdays , weddings, anniversaries...
the list goes on and on.
buy your boat and enjoy it while you can, just think of all those
$25 a lb Springs you will catch !

Yep! And financial emergencies for the adult kids, and fishing/hunting/motorcycle gear for the grandkids, etc.

Don't forget Sportco in Fife.

Thanks for the replies guys. I was doing lots of driving yesterday and today so I didn't read them until I got home tonight. I forgot about the Cabela's and was maybe thinking it was a Bass Pro Shop and checked their website, but none are located in the Northwest.
I did pick up a few Coyotes at the biggest mother of a Walmart I've ever seen (Tulalip). $5.05 (made in China though, up till now I've only bought old stock made in USA ones.)

Tubber ther are G.I.joes in Mt.vernon and bellingham,some are advertised as joes.These are huge sporting goods stores.

I also like that "Holiday Market" in Burlington. Not sure if that's the name or not, but it's a fishing store. Just West of I-5, behind the Chevron (South of Hwy 20). There's a McDonald's there too. They have some pretty good stuff.

Outdoor Emporium in Seattle
Sportsman's Warehouse - Burlington

Both of these are big stores. Sportco is in Fife (just north of Tacoma) and is another large, reasonable prices, store for tackle.

Back