Seastar Steering 'vent cap'

Reel Time

I have replaced the ram seals which one had a small drip, replaced the helm shaft seal which was leaky... flushed and bled the steering, now seems the vent cap releases small amount of fluid daily.

Some information suggests that vented caps are no longer recommended? Does anyone run non vented caps on their single cylinder systems,

I have replaced the ram seals which one had a small drip, replaced the helm shaft seal which was leaky... flushed and bled the steering, now seems the vent cap releases small amount of fluid daily.

Some information suggests that vented caps are no longer recommended? Does anyone run non vented caps on their single cylinder systems,
My single cylinder Seastar kit did not come with a vented cap. If you have a secondary helm it is required.
There is a Seastar Service Bulletin with instructions about removal of the vented caps on single cylinder/single helm set ups. Which I have attached below and it gives guidance on which particular cylinders require the vented caps.

Hope this helps48BBA41B-5C94-4F22-B3CC-D078D6F6B233.jpeg

Back