Seastar Helm Pump leak advice

Explorer682

I have a Seastar Classic Tilt Helm Pump that is weeping Hydraulic Fluid.Question: Are they worth rebuilding or replace the pump, and where is the best place to source parts ( I’m in Victoria). Anyone have experience with this topic I would greatly appreciate it !

buy another helm pump, buy a rebuild kit and rebuild your old one. helms forever.

Have you checked your fitting connections. I had a leaking helm and turned out that one of the fittings was loose.
this can happen too from repeated hot weather and no room or vent for thermal expansion.

Yup mine was leaking and just did a full bleed, try and remove any air and then see if it stops.. if not then replace seals

Have you checked your fitting connections. I had a leaking helm and turned out that one of the fittings was loose.
It’s not the fittings or the vent/ fill , it’s the joint in the casing . It’s taken some effort to actually find the location where it is weeping. Now do I attempt to take it apart and replace the gasket or replace the unit , according to their website the pump has an aprox 10yr lifespan and this unit is approaching 14 yrs

Back