SeaKing Trolling Reels.....

Seafever

I have a couple of SeaKing trolling reels..... they must be now about 20 years old.

They still sell them today......an inexpensive trolling reel.

SeaKing copied a Daiwa reel when they made them...

Mine still work good .....and I've never even replaced a drag washer yet.

But then I'm anal about reels anyway.....cleaned and lubed after every single time I go out.

Which is why I like the "knucklebuster"=type reels......you can clean it and lube it and do the washers all in under ten minutes....

One thing I don't like about Seakings is the sound the ratchetpawl makes.......

To me it is a "seal" attractor........louder than some other makes.

Still trying after all this time to figure out how to make them quieter........LOL

My buddy had one, similar to a shimano or daiwa like you said.
I kinda like the sound, reminds me of a longstone.
He eventually blew it up and went with a shimano.

SeaKing bought the rights to the Abu Garcia mooching reel I understand. They are the same reel. I own 2 Abu Garcia 420 models which are the smaller model. I love them for coho fishing. But they are cheap pieces of crap. I am surprised that Abu put their name on them. Mine are like new, absolutely mint.

Looked it up....they do look similar to the Abu Garcia for sure....

I have a Seaking 110 (smaller) and a 120 (bigger)

I've used mine for a long time without issues of any kind (other than the ratchet sound)

They actually are a little more complex to take apart than a Daiwa or Shimano...

These look like yours FA?

002.jpg

I have Seaking 120 in black with a quiet drag for you Seafever. Good for parts only. The quietness of the drag is strange. Let me know when your up this way.

Back