Seadoo FishPro

rapid

Hey gang, Merry Christmas!

Anyone else fishing with a Seadoo? Purchased x2, 2021 Seadoo Fish Pro's last year been an absolute hoot! Fun on the ocean, camping on some remote lakes, fast and cheap to run. They have some great features IDF(-system for clearing the impeller), engine tuning modes from Sport to eco-mode, built in cooler mounts & yeti style cooler, rod holders and fish finder chart plotter!! Surprising amount of storage..

They need a few additional things for safety (in my opinion I have added to ours)
- second battery
- bilge pump and float switch
- common Nav lights
- no need to go into reg safety/common sense stuff that should be on all boat flare, extinguisher etc.

My biggest fish this summer was a 45Lbs hali solo ha ha no gaff or harpoon!! Few Chinook, Coho, Lings.

If it's something you've considered, I have nothing but good things to say about ours!

Anyone else fishing with a Seadoo? Purchased x2, 2021 Seadoo Fish Pro's last year been an absolute hoot! Fun on the ocean, camping on some remote lakes, fast and cheap to run. They have some great features IDF(-system for clearing the impeller), engine tuning modes from Sport to eco-mode, built in cooler mounts & yeti style cooler, rod holders and fish finder chart plotter!! Surprising amount of storage..

They need a few additional things for safety (in my opinion I have added to ours)
- second battery
- common Nav lights
- no need to go into reg safety/common sense stuff that should be on all boat flare, extinguisher etc.

My biggest fish this summer was a 45Lbs hali solo ha ha no gaff or harpoon!! Few Chinook, Coho, Lings.

If it's something you've considered, I have nothing but good things to say about ours!

Attachments

• Cove Shot.jpg
    Cove Shot.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 174
  • Lake shot.jpg
    Lake shot.jpg
    105.1 KB · Views: 166
  • sami Seadoo.jpg
    sami Seadoo.jpg
    106.8 KB · Views: 151
  • shop pic.jpg
    shop pic.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 171
Looks like one heck of an adventure! You’re a hero in my books

dumb question but do you stay dry? i know nothing about these little machines
Good Morning River boy,

Yes and no, if you're just cruising with the tunes on and not really white capping out you can. I was off shore on a big swell / no chop day doing 80~90km jumping the tops of the swell stayed dry! It's the sharp cornering, and bigger steep chop that gets you soaked.

People do actually "fall off" but I've never felt close to that. Been dirt biking, quading long time maybe that's the difference.

These machines are 3 up but I don't like having passengers unless it's really calm or a lake day tubing skiing etc.

- second battery
- common Nav lights

Had a great year on mine with my downrigger setup.

Attachments

• Anson on the Water.jpeg
    Anson on the Water.jpeg
    219.6 KB · Views: 143
  • 26lbs Knuckle Buster.jpg
    26lbs Knuckle Buster.jpg
    363.8 KB · Views: 140
Had a great year on mine with my downrigger setup.
Right on Nice Chinook! I haven't played around the the troll mode or down riggers, just been using big spin casting set up with braided line / Fluorocarbon leader. Are you fishing from the Island or off the Van side somewhere?

Right on Nice Chinook! I haven't played around the the troll mode or down riggers, just been using big spin casting set up with braided line / Fluorocarbon leader. Are you fishing from the Island or off the Van side somewhere?
Fishing out of North Van. Will look to bring it over to the island sometime.

CMXValley was asking for DR pics. I actually have two setups, one for solo fishing and one for 2 person. Solo is easiest with a Scotty plate that fits under the rear seat, a 1/2" HDPE sheet with rubber feet the also sit on the hull, then built up from there with a lithium battery and obviously the downrigger.

CMXValley was asking for DR pics. I actually have two setups, one for solo fishing and one for 2 person. Solo is easiest with a Scotty plate that fits under the rear seat, a 1/2" HDPE sheet with rubber feet the also sit on the hull, then built up from there with a lithium battery and obviously the downrigger.
I was wondering how the heck you'd set this up looks great! How well does it track, if you let go of the bars and pulling the cannon ball reeling in does it want to fall off tack pretty bad or do you lock the steering somehow?

I was wondering how the heck you'd set this up looks great! How well does it track, if you let go of the bars and pulling the cannon ball reeling in does it want to fall off tack pretty bad or do you lock the steering somehow?
Don't think the downrigger affects the steering, but that said, steering is always a challenge while fighting a fish (especially with a flasher when you need to keep moving forward)

wife and I have a couple, not fish pro's but pretty much the same, we've rigged em up with rod holders , fish finder , coolers etc
we use em for jigging Kokanee and fishin bass up in the interior.....fantastic for exploring fishin spots, beaches, rivers and general areas that many cant get in to.....cool pics thanks for sharing , likin the downrigger setup !! I'll use the other boat for that but cool setup nonetheless !!

Top of the morn'in,
Just thinking out loud but how much interest would there be in "Jet Ski - West Coast Fishing Derby" Based out of Ucluelet early summer 2023? PM me or reply here with any thoughts!

Top of the morn'in,
Just thinking out loud but how much interest would there be in "Jet Ski - West Coast Fishing Derby" Based out of Ucluelet early summer 2023? PM me or reply here with any thoughts!
Love the idea and the location, but not in the cards for me in 2023. I will be in Bamfield mid-July, but on a buddy's boat.

They look like a lot fun. Be great for accessing some remote rivers. What do these Seadoo Fish Pro's cost approx?

Last edited:
If you shop around decent units are $19~low $22K used not sure about new, they were booking 12 month wait lists for new not that long ago. I feel with regular maint they should have a long service life, closed loop fresh water cooled, naturally aspirated (the 170 HP model).

Top of the morn'in,
I’d be interested in this! Sounds like a good time. I’d probably stay inside waters Barkley sound but I’d give you all a run for your money!

I’ve always liked this idea of this since that Aussie guy posted vids that lots of people hated on.

I think it would be cool as $hit to cruise up to a fishing spot and see a few seadoo’s trolling with downriggers!

I’ve always liked this idea of this since that Aussie guy posted vids that lots of people hated on.

I think it would be cool as $hit to cruise up to a fishing spot and see a few seadoo’s trolling with downriggers!
Be even better when one comes in with a cooler full of tuna 2 hrs after derby starts lol

Back