seadek

adanac

anyone have any experience with seadek on their boats? a family of otters or mink decided to have a hayday in my graft last week and not only ruined all of my cushions inside my cabin but also tore up some of the wood flooring , so we are looking at options for all exterior and interior floor coverings . just looking for some input on durability , stain resistance ext.

anyone have any experience with seadek on their boats? a family of otters or mink decided to have a hayday in my graft last week and not only ruined all of my cushions inside my cabin but also tore up some of the wood flooring , so we are looking at options for all exterior and interior floor coverings . just looking for some input on durability , stain resistance ext.
I hate those frigging minks. Twice have had to deal with them

I hate those frigging minks. Twice have had to deal with them
Minks turned my father in laws boat into their toilet a few years back. we are talking mounds of turds; which if you know my father in law....point is awarded to the minks.

but i digress....yaay sea dek

is that the cool guy stuff Brendan Morrison just got splashed all over his fishing show boat

I've looked at it and actually had a quote. It was ridiculously expensive and the test piece I had got really hot in the sun. This was perhaps 3 years ago so maybe it's evolved. I looked at doing the deck in our island runner 26' hourston that's all one level and the quote was around $9,000 fyi. If you have some insurance money to spend check it out, other point is stained easily fyi.

Ultradeck is the same stuff but out of Vernon.
My quote was $2500 for my 23’ Campion WA.
I read a ton of conflicting reviews on it, so opted for KiwiGrip instead.
Seems like most of the reviews for Seadek were from guys out of Florida.
Would love to hear how it stacks up on the West Coast Best Coast.

Ultradeck is the same stuff but out of Vernon.
My quote was $2500 for my 23’ Campion WA.
I read a ton of conflicting reviews on it, so opted for KiwiGrip instead.
Seems like most of the reviews for Seadek were from guys out of Florida.
Would love to hear how it stacks up on the West Coast Best Coast.
How do you like the kiwi grip? Glass or aluminum. The non skid gel coat on my boat is far from non skid anymore and I just beat the hell out of it. Was thinking about doing a grey coating of some kind for a refresh.

And for ducks sake what a name!!! LOL

How do you like the kiwi grip? Glass or aluminum. The non skid gel coat on my boat is far from non skid anymore and I just beat the hell out of it. Was thinking about doing a grey coating of some kind for a refresh.

Love KiwiGrip.
You can see why they put it on sail boat decks.
I can easily lean way out while running downriggers with no feet slipping.

All you have to do is do a search on here and alot of info to be shared....

I ordered Ultradek for my Campion682 for about $2500 two years ago.
That included all my interior floors, the pod and the gunwales where I had them custom etch a meter stick in both sides. I don’t find it gets too hot and I like to be barefoot in the boat. It cleans up easily although some oily products can leave faint stains behind. We like to fish and prawn and just hose it down and give a pass with the deck brush. A couple of times a season I’ll clean it with Simple Green

Attachments

• FF3D42E5-9079-4B77-8E1A-4ED9FC281448.jpeg
    FF3D42E5-9079-4B77-8E1A-4ED9FC281448.jpeg
    182.1 KB · Views: 227
  • 5E616F93-5260-4DFC-83E0-A056B72073A1.jpeg
    5E616F93-5260-4DFC-83E0-A056B72073A1.jpeg
    281.1 KB · Views: 196
I cut my own it really wasnt hard ...measure twice cut once!!!! LOL

I have ultradeck. Stains easily, cleans easily, good grip. Expensive and doesn't like heavy objects on it for long or it will perminatly crush. Definitely more delicate than a factory gel floor. IF you use the boat it will show that you use it and will not stay mint. It cleans up well with simple green and even a light wide-angle pressure wash ;) Easy to install if you follow the directions.

Would i do it again? Personally, i would do it only in undercover areas such as galley and downstairs only and stick to Gelcoat with microbeads for the deck. Personally would not touch the kiwi grip with a 10ft pole in my experience it got dirty very fast and was inferior to Gelcoat with beads or awlgrip.

Getting it CNC cut is the only way to go in my opinion if you have the two-toned colours.

I have Seadek on the outside deck of my Duckworth. It is certainly nice having the soft flooring to stand on and it does not heat up in the sun. I am not sure that I would do it again though as fishing is hard on it. I have had it for 2 seasons and it definately does not look new. With fish and nets, and weights and feet going everywhere when the bite is on, things happen that put gouges in it here and there. I am thinking that it will need to be replaced in 2 more seasons. It also stains very easily. I am not looking forward to peeling it up, I have heard that it is difficult at best. I wish that I could have gotten something that was removable and slightly raised up to put on the back deck. That way I could hose it off every day and then pull it up and scrub under it.

Not to derail, I went with this anti fatigue mat, held up great, non slip checker plate surface, easy clean and easy to remove for a good scrubbing underneath.

9A7B4BDD-36CE-42E6-BE29-183BAC19B237.png

for my previous fiberglass double eagle I bought a simple piece of rubber mat (on the roll, by the foot) at Princess Auto. there are 3 levels of thickness. a Thin checker plate pattern, medium dot pattern, thick checker plate pattern. Got it on sale and just bought an cut a piece that fit on the back where most of the fishing happened. Tough and works well. Need to leave it out for a bit so the rubber smell comes off but its good stuff. It doesn't have any rise/channels under it so make sure you roll it up and clean under it from time to time and if its wet under take the matt off and let the deck dry.

Kiwi grip, that what I just re an re my non skid with,lots of grinding for prep, goes on like paint, with a funky roller depending on texture you want, it works, I did a light texture so not heavy layers,x3, the grey is not very dark it’s almost dirty white. Results are not great already a few chip from crab traps, and hard to wash, water alone won’t do it, soap and a brush then water clean it up good.It’s nothing like a good gel coat non skid, would not recommend, if I had to do it again I would stick to gel coat

Attachments

• 11D2DF5B-F17A-43BC-A4FC-5DE17C758E70.jpeg
    11D2DF5B-F17A-43BC-A4FC-5DE17C758E70.jpeg
    119.6 KB · Views: 42
Back