Sea Lice and Fish Farms

"Furthermore, fish used to feed other fish are often sourced in the waters of developing countries, which puts pressure on their fish stocks and reduces locals' access to fresh seafood. In general, these food-insecure communities are also denied access to final aquaculture products because most of those products are exported to developed countries."

This is what I've always said was the falicy with the fish farmer's argument of feeding a hungry world.
"Feeding the world" while "preserving the wild salmon stocks" using the "the most stringent regulatory environment in the world for aquaculture" seems to be the stock PR speaking notes from the fish farm PR firms (Patrick Moore and the BCSFA).

"...by farming salmon, we are adding to the supply of seafood and helping to meet the market demand without over-‐stressing wild sources. "
http://bcsalmonfarmers.ca/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/BCSFA_FAQs_Growing.pdf

I say I've lost interest in the debate. Agent and his supporters have at'er. Speaking of staying on topic why not start another thread with the appropriate label. Oh ya, career activist that is why.

I say I've lost interest in the debate. Agent and his supporters have at'er. Speaking of staying on topic why not start another thread with the appropriate label. Oh ya, career activist that is why.

Sorry you have lost interest Birdnest
What was your reply to the earlier question"do fish farm sea lice in ANY WAY impact wild salmon"?
Don't recall you or any other fish farm supporters giving a response to that question or do you and others simple choose to simple ignore the question.
That's on topic, is it not?

Birdnest, I think a lot of us have lost interest and the desire to contribute to this ongoing, and ongoing debate. We all know salmon farms are not going away and the science that is happening now will eventually prove one side right. I'm done with this until that is published.

Or until someone posts some ridiculous crap I can't help myself responding to .:)

Birdnest, I think a lot of us have lost interest and the desire to contribute to this ongoing, and ongoing debate. We all know salmon farms are not going away and the science that is happening now will eventually prove one side right. I'm done with this until that is published.

Or until someone posts some ridiculous crap I can't help myself responding to .:)
Go **** in your hand FI.

What I can't understand is if you don't want to listen to contrary opinions regarding Fish Farms, why do you read them and post on the subject at all??
Kinda looks like the Donald Trump approach don't you think?

Sorry you have lost interest Birdnest
What was your reply to the earlier question" do fish farm sea lice in ANY WAY impact wild salmon"?
Don't recall you or any other fish farm supporters giving a response to that question or do you and others simple choose to simple ignore the question.
That's on topic, is it not?

Go **** in your hand FI.

Is this the best answer Birdsnest can give me to a valid question?

For some reason FI asked me the same question about 10 times a year (do fish farm sea lice in ANY WAY impact wild salmon"?) Despite his obvious believes He always asked me the question. I have not answered and I don't feel the question deserves an answer from me to him. For some reason he insists on asking me the same question repeatedly. Im talking over and over. Its like he thinks he's got the smoking gun of a question for me yet he has plenty of literature that he can believe or not yet he keeps asking me the same question. What does it mater what I think to him. My answer is no answer because I know what he believes and its glaringly clear that Im not going to budge his thinking.

My comment to him to go **** in his hand is simply matching the level of maturity he displays by repeatedly asking me thing question when it is quit obvious now for like years now that I have no interest in responding to him on that particular question given the circumstances of his opinion. My answer is no response. But he can't stop asking.

What part of his behaviour has anything to to with having a open respectable dialog?

There is only one person that does in these discussions and it FI and I'm calling him on it. That is all.

So I will repeat myself: Go **** in your hand FI.

I liked it:D

Just the frustration of this continually go around of opinions. People, we need to sit back and wait for Miller -Saunders and Riddell to publish their findings; they are the ones who really will make the decisions on this issue.

In the mean time FI, find some Kleenex ... joking ..

For some reason FI asked me the same question about 10 times a year (do fish farm sea lice in ANY WAY impact wild salmon"?) Despite his obvious believes He always asked me the question. I have not answered and I don't feel the question deserves an answer from me to him. For some reason he insists on asking me the same question repeatedly. Im talking over and over. Its like he thinks he's got the smoking gun of a question for me yet he has plenty of literature that he can believe or not yet he keeps asking me the same question. What does it mater what I think to him. My answer is no answer because I know what he believes and its glaringly clear that Im not going to budge his thinking.

My comment to him to go **** in his hand is simply matching the level of maturity he displays by repeatedly asking me thing question when it is quit obvious now for like years now that I have no interest in responding to him on that particular question given the circumstances of his opinion. My answer is no response. But he can't stop asking.

So I will repeat myself: Go **** in your hand FI.

Birdsnest....we are all welcome to our opinions and we are welcome to ignore questions we can't answer...but no need for insults.
As I said before...what's wrong with simply not posting if you loose interest or can't give a valid answer to a valid question?
and yes...I have asked the question many times and it is ignored by Fish Farm supporters...how ***?
"do fish farm sea lice in ANY WAY impact wild salmon"?
Is that really a difficult question...an answer might be yes...maybe 2, 5, 10% or more or less...or Fish Farm Sea Lice have no impact on wild salmon whatsoever.
Which is it?

FI's Like a child who can't help but continue. Ill save my breath for discussions with those who are worthy of it. Im out of **** for now. Take care.

Thats it..I'm going to save a hungry kid somewhere who might like anchovies on their pizza...I'm never ever using anchovies for bait ever again!!!..hell we all should stop using any kind of bait for fishing..frac sakes!!??..

Better yet lets all stop killing wild fish while out FISHING!!

Please tell me what the f@ck this has to do with sealice and ff??

What was here 1st.. ff or sealice?

Come on start another thread...please!!

Just the frustration of this continually go around of opinions. People, we need to sit back and wait for Miller -Saunders and Riddell to publish their findings; they are the ones who really will make the decisions on this issue.

Here's the link to the peer reviewed and recently published paper;
http://journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0171471#sec025

Have you seen this post yet Dave?
What's your take on it? Perhaps you could go to that thread and comment as K Miller was an author on it and it is part of the project.
http://www.sportfishingbc.com/forum/index.php?threads/another-new-disease-for-farmed-salmon.63263/
from the paper....
This project was part of the Strategic Salmon Health Initiative, co-funded by the Pacific Salmon Foundation “Salish Sea Marine Survival” project, Genome British Columbia, and the Department of Fisheries and Oceans (DFO), Canada.

I think this is exactly what we have all been waiting for .. some real science. It appears more research is needed to see how this might impact wild salmon, and I suspect because of this study, it will indeed happen.

I think this is exactly what we have all been waiting for .. some real science. It appears more research is needed to see how this might impact wild salmon, and I suspect because of this study, it will indeed happen.
I am glad you did not simply ignore the request for comment on this study Dave. I have far more respect for supporters of the industry that do not wear blinders and acknowledge negative scientific studies on the industry .

That study while I did not read it thoroughly, seems to indicate extreme problems with the health of the Salmon population in the fish farm that cooperated with the study. Not sure how many more farms will cooperate with future scientific studies though with findings like this. Seems pretty damming evidence.

Fish Farms have been protected by DFO and Bureaucrats for years.
The claim Fish Farms exist to feed a hungry world is absurd.
They exist for one reason and one reason only...PROFIT
A big thank you to Alexandra Morton for her endless pursuit of the truth.

Back