Sea four Lures

Discus

I am just wondering if you use the sea four lures? Does it work for you? I am just curious about the new product the lure.

I saw it at Walmart. The lure is pretty cool. you can adjust lure what you want to hit for a big fish.

Discus

I use them for lake fishing for trout and they work really well. I'm 90% for catching trout when i use the lure in the rainbow trout pattern. I have never used them in the ocean.

Looks like people go in Walmart and try to bend the lure in the package right then and there. I've seen all sorts of broken ones in WalMart....

They have to be heated up first.......in some hot water......then you bend them and let them cool down.

Use 30lb test leader on them if flasher connected ...if not you can go lighter.

You need a bead chain up front of the flasher end of the leader because it is a revolving lure.....

Normal about 5ft leader off flasher........but you can experiment.

Pick the right color and size for your waters and fish.

4 inch is good for salmon......try Natural Pearl Anchovy color. maybe the smaller ones will work on winter springs.

It seems IMO that small spoons are outperforming big spoons this year generally.....

You can bend it just like the shape you would for bait.......or use a mild "C" bend.....

BrittanyBoy:- you have an advantage living in the states. You can buy SeaFours online at the SeaFour site in any color or size you want.

Up here we can't buy them online so we are forced to go to "dealers" who never have what we want in stock.

if I go to WalMart (dealer) up here I will see 3 or 4 SeaFours hanging on the rack....all in the wrong color and only one size.

Berry's Bait and Tackle in Vancouver, B.C. is a "dealer" (in their mind anyway)......little bit more selection than Wal mart....but they get us on the postage charge if you don't live there.

Those things aren't cheap. 2"-8.49, 4"-9.49, 5"-10.69, 6"-13.69, plus $10 for shipping to Pt. Roberts. I have not seen them, but they remind of the "apex" lures.
I have enough stuff in my tackle box, that has never been in the water. :eek: This year I only fished with one hootchy and one spoon. :)

Back