Sea Bus Slams Into waterfront terminal Dock

Peahead

My truck in for service so I grab the 7:15 am Sea Bus this morning from North Van.....we lose an engine coming into the dock at Waterfront and the Seabus veers to starboard and slams into the dock slip! People already standing almost falling over and coffee mugs fly off seats as the Sea Bus swings almost sideways to the entrance of the slip. Several attempts to land fail being on one engine. We just keep swinging sideways so captain calls for help - an engineer comes aboard via a welded aluminum skiff and to no avail as we float out off the terminal for about 45 min . The captain calls over the Seaspan Hawk and he eventually arives on scene with another tug ( the Cindy ? )to push us to dock with grace and finesse .....man those tug boys are good !!! My hour and a quarter on the water today was a little different (wish they had some fishing rods on those things ;-) . Got a couple photos out the window will post tonight.

Sounds like you had a pretty exciting morning Peahead! Yeah "most" of those tug guys are pretty good at what they do, Id like to see those pics

Did you get one of those soft tissue injuries that doesn't show up for a day or so, or until you talk to a lawyer????? LOL!!!!

Sounds like you had a pretty exciting morning Peahead! Yeah "most" of those tug guys are pretty good at what they do, Id like to see those pics

Photos aren't great but difficult to get shots of what was going on outside the seabus

IMG_5034res.jpg

IMG_5027res.jpg

IMG_5025res.jpg

IMG_5026res.jpg

Back