Scotty Problem

otter

Out last night after sometime and had a downrigger problem. Any one diagnose it before I tear it apart to find whats going on?
Scotty Electric downrigger
Problem- Put line down and it starts retrieving,activating on its own. Had to disconnect then every time until I had to retrieve, connect up again. That was my night.
Hope someone knows where to start. Thanks.

Ya the switch. Scotty will replace the switch if you bring it to them. bring them the whole switching mechanism they will most likely give you a whole new one.

I've had my Scotty's for 14 years and they have been rebuilt twice by Scotty at no cost. Great warranty service.

You guys right on,the switch. Had the switch ststem replaced with the new version water tight switch/component box-I will call it that. Plus new plug. All covered by warranty. Thats service compared to lots of other businesses that gouge you. Example- Sears Craftsman Wet/Dry vac which went tits up after two years,hardley used. Sorry, warranty expired. Screw you.

Wish all companies treated their customers like that... You should try dealing with buisnesses in busy Alberta where the modo is welcome to Alberta where the customer is always the *sshole. They could care less how they treat you because there are people waiting behind you to do buisness.

Scotty waranty is the best,I'm selling my downriggers with my boat and buying brand new scottys for the new boat, because they treated me so well,when I needed them fixed.DAN

Back