Scotty Manual Downrigger Problem

I am getting all of my gear ready for Fall fishing. This includes replacing the stainless downrigger cable with new braided line. On one of my manual Scotty downriggers I have noticed that the main cable spool has cracked right in half all the way around the middle. I sent a note to Scotty, but wondered if anyone knew if this is a waranty defect or no? My downriggers have never been in saltwater nor have they ever snagged the bottom. Anyone ever had a problem like this?

I haven't but I have heard of a few others. Probably warranty if you are the original registered owner. Good luck!!

This is good news to hear. Not that I would'nt pay to fix the rigger. Because of where I live it will need to be shipped, so will just ship straight to Victoria for fixing. This is the first spool that I have ever had split. Goes to show one that removing the cable or braid (in my future now) is smart to do just to check things out.

Thank you r.s craven. I will keep that link saved. I was contacted by Scotty and was told no problem just ship it down to them and they will fix and ship back as soon as can be fixed. I definately know why I have purchased all my downriggers and rod holders from Scotty. Also to me they make a great product no question.

Back