Scotty DR issue-counter

quote:Originally posted by Peahead

quote:Originally posted by Derby

I believe Scotty has a life time warrenty on the counters.:)

Absolutely. I have replaced several on warranty and never paid a penny for any of them. Take the old counter into a qualified Scotty warranty depot/tackle shop or take in the whole rigger and they will install it) Give them the serial number of the rigger and the year of purchase of the rigger ( approx was ok) and you got a new one. You must mention to them that you are the original owner because if you say you purchased it second hand, no warranty. I also had one of the pins break on the base that the counter sits on so that whole assembly was replaced no charge ( worth about 38.00 I think )
yes they are definitely covered by warranty if you are the original owner. I replaced hundreds under warranty when I worked at Gone Fishin' in Courtenay but the owner has instructed his employees to take one off the wall and charge customers the 25 or so bucks for them.....99% of the customers coming in there know nothing about any scotty warranties so instead of informing them that the counters are covered he now pockets the 50% plus profit on all counters installed during routine maintenance ...what a joke....so beware....they are covered....

So fishbc are you accusing your past employer of ripping us off?
GLG

GLG

quote:Originally posted by GLG

GLG
if you went in there and are the original owner of the downrigger and got charged for a new counter when the downrigger got serviced then yes he ripped you off.....not sure who the us is but if you think some of your buddies got charged for one under the same circumstances then they too got ripped off...call Craig at Scotty, maybe he can help.....tell Dan I said hello.....

Back