Sangster's hull number not apparent

Goathorns

My friend has what he thinks is a 1982 Sangster, 16', and is trying to get it insured. However there is no hull number that is showing. He is looking in the right place, the upper right side when viewing from behind the transom. He says it has been painted, so do you think removing the paint will reveal this hull's number? Or is it to be found somewhere else on the hull?

Had a 14' fibreglass that had no serial number on the right rear or anywhere else that I could find. Transport Canada was able to hook me up by using the hull number.

Use this form-
http://wwwapps.tc.gc.ca/wwwdocs/Forms/84-0172E_1507-10_E.pdf

Or I think you can do it on line now. If you need to "swear on oath" that you bought it without paperwork you can use the services of your local community access centre. They should have an official "commissioner of oaths" working somewhere in their office. Cost me $20, mailed off completed form (minus serial#) and had it back with the serial number filled in when they returned it. I don't know if it helped, but I sent a printed copy of the online ad that stated the price and the fact it had no papers. Good luck.

Last edited:
Once you find the number,start practicing at the licencing online sight.I was at the sight and had difficultys.renewal,licencing ,and registerring a boat is all done online now .

Look at the aluminum moulding at transom.

Back