Salty Gear stores in Campbell River

Pippen

Hey Guys,

Headed to Nootka on Friday morning and need to pick up a couple of things. The gear/bait selection in Vancouver is pretty sad right now and I don't have time to make the run out to Berry's before Friday morning.

If we are "on time" I was going to stop in Parksville and PN&T but we may be rolling through a little bit early before they open?

Can anyone recommend a good retailer in Campbell River?

Cheers and thanks in advance! [8D] ;)

Hey Pip,

Best one has to be the River Sportsman right by the bridge out of town to Gold river. They have EVERYTHING www.riversportsman.com/

River Sportsman Ltd
Place page
South Island Highway
Campbell River, BC V9W 2G6
(250) 286-1017

In addition, I don't remember the name of it, but there is a good store in the Chinook plaza.

quote:Originally posted by finaddict

Hey Pip,

Best one has to be the River Sportsman right by the bridge out of town to Gold river. They have EVERYTHING www.riversportsman.com/

River Sportsman Ltd
Place page
South Island Highway
Campbell River, BC V9W 2G6
(250) 286-1017

In addition, I don't remember the name of it, but there is a good store in the Chinook plaza.

Awesome.....thanks Finner!! I think that may be the one I was thinking of; and en route to Gold River is perfect.

Hope I can post up a great report early next week! ;)

quote:Originally posted by Barnacle Bill

Tyee Marine and Redden Net are some other good choices,both close to each other,also both have bait! ....BB

Thanks BB....I think I know of Tyee, if I recall it is down closer to the waterfront?

With people mentioning these names I am starting to remember....it's just been about 2 years since I have been up there and my brain has aged since then....about 17 years. [:p] ;) [:eek:)]

Just a heads up. Was at both stores a week ago and both were out of chovie's. River said they were getting more but only the tiny ones.

quote:Originally posted by JuandeOne

Just a heads up. Was at both stores a week ago and both were out of chovie's. River said they were getting more but only the tiny ones.

Thanks Juan....will be giving River Sportsman a call tomorrow to see. I think we "should" be okay for bait but never hurts to grab a pack or two if there is some good stuff around. If Parksville works I will stop at PN&T as I think they have a selection of different sizes. Gonna make a couple of calls late tomorrow and see how the selection is at both.

Picked up some anchovies at Tyee yesterday they had about 10 packs left not sure on river sportsman though.

I buy all my gear from Ken at Ideal tackle, just past the river sportsman on the left when your heading north. Best prices on the north island and he ll set you up with a deal if you pay cash.

Not sure if he sells bait though

Yak

Pippen

Might be a little late, but I was in WSS this morning in Nanaimo, They have chovies, 6.99/ pack max 10/person.

Cheers

SS

Fishing08018-1.jpg

quote:Originally posted by Yak

I buy all my gear from Ken at Ideal tackle, just past the river sportsman on the left when your heading north. Best prices on the north island and he ll set you up with a deal if you pay cash.

Yak

I've shopped at Ideal Tackle quite a few times. I don't find him to be that cheap though.

I've bought a few things there and paid more than I would have at Tyee Marine or River Sportsman.

I keep looking for deals on used gear, but not finding them. I did buy 2 nice Daiwa mooching reels when he first opened, (the small ones). But I find that his prices are just high enough to push me back to the main retail stores.

Jim's Fishing Charters
www.JimsFishing.com
http://www.youtube.com/user/Sushihunter250

jfc_banner-2009-01.jpg

quote:Originally posted by Sushihunter

quote:Originally posted by Yak

Yak

I've shopped at Ideal Tackle quite a few times. I don't find him to be that cheap though.

I've bought a few things there and paid more than I would have at Tyee Marine or River Sportsman.

I keep looking for deals on used gear, but not finding them. I did buy 2 nice Daiwa mooching reels when he first opened, (the small ones). But I find that his prices are just high enough to push me back to the main retail stores.

Jim's Fishing Charters
www.JimsFishing.com
http://www.youtube.com/user/Sushihunter250

jfc_banner-2009-01.jpg

Jim

His flashers are $2-4 cheaper, his cannon balls are cheaper by $5 or more, his buzzbombs and other jigging lures are cheaper and he has a the best selection of used plugs, used flashers, used reels and odds and ends in town.

On the other hand, his Rhys Davis teasers are more expensive, so his fishing line. So you do need to know your prices.

Just bought some stuff there the other day and Tyee was close on a few products, but RS was not. I figured I saved $15 on a $80 purchase over the other two.

Plus nothing like paying cash for the items.......

Yes the other stores do have good prices on sale items, but when it comes to most stuff he does beat them.

Cheers

SS

Fishing08018-1.jpg

Back