Saltspring Smallmouth

I just got back 2 days ago from visiting Salt spring Island. WOW!!! I've never seen such agressive smallmouth bass. The size was okay, averaging 2.5 lbs but the numbers was great to see. I found that the key was deep weedlines in the day, using smoke and pumpkinseed 3.5" tubes on 1/8 oz. tear drop tube jigs that are poured onto a 3/0 gamakastsu jig hook. The fun began before dusk when the smallies moved into the reeds surrounding the lake. Soft plastic twichbaits, and topwaters (all weedless) thrown into the reeds proved to be the presentation of choice nailling 20 smallmouth in around an hour before dark.
Thanks for all the tips, I hope this helps somebody who wants to catch these fiesty fish.
Thanks Terry!!!
JP

Hey JP - Welcome back. I am glad you had a good time, it is a beautiful place to catch smallies, hey?
Did you happen to snap some photo's we could post on our site?
I am curious about the tournaments you fish in Ontario, I fish tourny's in Washington State. How many do you participate in and do you belong to a bass club?

All the best,

Terry

Hey JP - Welcome back. I am glad you had a good time, it is a beautiful place to catch smallies, hey?
I am curious about the tournaments you fish in Ontario, I fish tourny's in Washington State. How many do you participate in and do you belong to a bass club?

All the best,

Terry

All the best,

Terry

All the best,

Terry

Hi Terry, I fished 20 tourney's this year with 6 to go. Bassmania, CFT and Reelfishn',As for the club, I'm the treasurer for the Simcoe CFT chapter. It really is great to be able to fish this many tourney's all within 1.5 hours of home!! I've fished on 15 different lakes for these and they all have their own deal. Time on the water is a great bonus here! I'm waiting for the pics to be done and I'll email them to you!
Thanks
JP

Hi Terry, I fished 20 tourney's this year with 6 to go. Bassmania, CFT and Reelfishn',As for the club, I'm the treasurer for the Simcoe CFT chapter. It really is great to be able to fish this many tourney's all within 1.5 hours of home!! I've fished on 15 different lakes for these and they all have their own deal. Time on the water is a great bonus here! I'm waiting for the pics to be done and I'll email them to you!
Thanks
JP

Thanks
JP

Thanks
JP

Hey JP -
That is a crazy schedule. It is hard to beat tournament days on the water, isn't it? Although the hours are long and sometimes the days drag, by the time Monday roles around, the urge is back.
We have a rewards program geared up for clubs. When the members of your club buy our products a percentage goes toward future purchases or free gear. Our club uses this to get free gear that we turn around and sell raffle tickets at our meetings to raise money for the year end awards dinner. Would your club be interested in taking part in that? I am happy to answer any of your questions.
This rewards program is also open to individuals who buy from us.
I am looking forward to seeing those pictures.

Terry Skipper
www.reactionbaits.com

Hey JP -
That is a crazy schedule. It is hard to beat tournament days on the water, isn't it? Although the hours are long and sometimes the days drag, by the time Monday roles around, the urge is back.
We have a rewards program geared up for clubs. When the members of your club buy our products a percentage goes toward future purchases or free gear. Our club uses this to get free gear that we turn around and sell raffle tickets at our meetings to raise money for the year end awards dinner. Would your club be interested in taking part in that? I am happy to answer any of your questions.

Terry Skipper
www.reactionbaits.com

Hey JP -

Terry Skipper
www.reactionbaits.com

Hey JP -

Terry Skipper
www.reactionbaits.com

Back