Salmon rivers around victoria

S

slayin1993

Hi there. i am just curious if there is any salmon rivers/creeks in the victoria area closer then nitnat/cowichan. appreciate any replys.
Thanks

ya i have heard about the gordon and the sooke river, what is the fishing like there do they get chinooks?

in the regs it says no fishing goldstream december 1st- may31st does that mean you can fish in october there sorry if its a dumb question which it probaly is.

Go and do what we did before the wonderful thing called the internet. Fill up your truck with gas, load up your gear and go find out for yourself.There are tons of fishing opportunities on SVI, make a day of it and go. However if you got $300 myself or a few guys off the site will be more than happy to take you out and tell you what system for exactly what time of year to go and catch chinook,chum, coho, and steelhead. Oh F it heres one for free: Colquitz Creek, mid Ococber. Kidding, sort of.

...but not to ride your bike. I did that for years as an early teen. Lots of good fishing holes everywhere locally!

wow i would be really excited if a i found a fishing hole around my house (cordova bay) i just dont think its possible there is like 2 creeks and i have already checked them out.

I use to take the bus out to Sooke to fish at the Campgroud right at the bridge in town. Flyfishing only, but tonnes of fun. Usually, better come October if rains don't allow the fish upstream earlier.

quote:Originally posted by slayin1993

wow i would be really excited if a i found a fishing hole around my house (cordova bay) i just dont think its possible there is like 2 creeks and i have already checked them out.
Elk Lake is minutes from your house!!
Get over there and practice your skills from shore.Lots of fish are caught that way and when your arms are too tired you can be back home for lunch/dinner before any of the rest of us have warmed up our truck. :)
Good luck.

take a bus to the breakwater and cast off the end . the best advice you got was to go to elk lake and learn something. ride your bike there

Bee15 is right. Cast of the end of the breakwater is what you want to do. Especially in the winter when the herring are coming in, the feeders will follow them. Get a stingzelda or buzz bomb or something, let it get near the bottom and work it. I've caught salmon trolling within 40 feet of the end of the breakwater, and seen plenty of guys fishing from shore with the odd fish there.

Besides, Winters are some of the best tasting salmon out there, and pound for pound fight harder then matures. (My $0.02).

Last Chance Fishing Adventures

www.lastchancefishingadventures.com
www.swiftsurebank.com

slaying1993; forget the rivers and creeks around Victoria. Nothing worth trying and closed for the other part. Either you have tons of patience and lures and cast for salmon and bottomfish from shore (breakwater, ten mile point...) or you pick up lake fishing. Way more productive. There are often good deals for float tubes and waders at usedvictoria.com - your best bet for you lake fishing. You can haul that equipment with your bike. Or try shore fishing for soles at the Cordova Beach. Lots of fun and action (incoming tide) - use a little chunk of herring as bait or powerbait and cast far onto a sandy bank. Many small soles but occasionally you will get some decent worth keeping... Easy to catch 20-30 soles on a good day...

Slayin - a few years back there was awesome beach fishing for coho around the beaches of Cordova Bay. Try Ten Mile, Pauls Terrace, Arbutus Cove and the Gazebo. Times have changed a bit but you don't know unless you try, regardless it is a stress free outing with a pretty good view. Try size 3 and 4 Blue Foxes, silver, silver blade/chartruse bell, and gold blade/red bell or silver Krippled K's with a bit of split shot. It comes down to hours spent, just get out there and try and by the time you have a DL you will be pounding on them. >-->>!

Back