Salmon quotas for river fishing in Toba/Butte?

Jiminy

I wonder if someone may be able to help me out with some info. I have spent quite a bit of time on the dfo site and can't seem to figure this out, what I would like to know is can I fish in the Toba river/Homathco/tributaries etc for springs/coho/chum at this time of year, and if so what are the daily limits? I was of the understanding that if a river was not listed in the regional tables that the standard limits applied (2/day chinook for example) but then I saw a note that if the river was not listed then there was no fishing allowed there. Any help on this would be much appreciated. I'm no scholar but that dfo site can be a little confusing sometimes. Cheers and thanks in advance.

Actually, if it's not listed in the regs, you can fish there, just no retention of Salmon, but you'll be able to keep whatever the Regional Freshwater regs say for hatchery trout and char unless you're fishing in the tidal portion of the river, then there are other regs to consider. If you're not sure you can always call. Cheers!

Watch out for Grizzlies, they'll be out in full force. The Phillips River is worth checking out.

Back