rust bubbles ?

whoops, will try that again...

Paint blister's forming on the leg.
I'm sure there will be corrosion underneath.
So... Break the blister's ,sand and repaint or ??

whoops, will try that again...

Paint blister's forming on the leg.
I'm sure there will be corrosion underneath.
So... Break the blister's ,sand and repaint or ??

clean to bare alumn and use the zinc chromate for primer on Alumn. All the paint was flaking off due to corrosion on the hydraulic motor lift. I peeled it all off, wirebrushed, couple coats of zinc chromate and 4 coats of engine matched paint and it still looks like new. That was applied two summers ago.

clean to bare alumn and use the zinc chromate for primer on Alumn. All the paint was flaking off due to corrosion on the hydraulic motor lift. I peeled it all off, wirebrushed, couple coats of zinc chromate and 4 coats of engine matched paint and it still looks like new. That was applied two summers ago.

All the marine shops like S&G sell it about $16.00
Its fairly toxic with the xylene and zinc in it but it works great.
This is for alumn or non-ferrous only.

cheers

url]

All the marine shops like S&G sell it about $16.00
Its fairly toxic with the xylene and zinc in it but it works great.
This is for alumn or non-ferrous only.

cheers

url]

I have a 2006 Volvo Penta with good zincs and the paint is blistering as well....I think quality has gone for a @#$%

Cast ALuminium is tricky stuff to paint, you pretty much have to bolt the paint on. Prep Prep Prep Prep! You would be wise to etch it after sanding, then apply an alodine wash (Brown stuff). This slows down the oxidation process (Happens in a few hours with Aluminium), so you have a chance to get some paint on it!

Back