Rod tips

jimbob

I broke a rod tip (don't ask how) and would like to replace the tip but need to know how to make a clean cut on the tip to get rid of the current ragged edge. What should I do? Use an exacto knife? Tin snips? I don't want to make a mistake.

quote:Originally posted by jimbob

I broke a rod tip (don't ask how) and would like to replace the tip but need to know how to make a clean cut on the tip to get rid of the current ragged edge. What should I do? Use an exacto knife? Tin snips? I don't want to make a mistake.

I just take mine into Tyee Marine in Campbell River and leave it there for a day while they work their magic. Then I go home with a brand new, allbeit shorter rod. :D

Hey jimbob. Do as Rs says but! you may have to heat the tip off. Use a two part epoxy { five minute cure time} as I have had tips fall off later using hot glue. Ps I build rods of all types from scratch etc. Cheers FC

Did mine last year as there was a deep nick in the tip section , I used the same method as fah cups after I cut the tip off , epoxy is the safest way to go IMO.

AL

Back