Alberni sockeye fishing tips

S-357

So the kids and parents and I are headed to China creek for the weekend next weekend. First time.sockeye fishing. I have a ton of spring and coho gear but I want to make sure I have what I need! Any tips on troll speed and colour/ size of hoochies. Leader length flasher colors etc would be much appreciate!!! Thanks in advance

Pink Squirts and pink and Black squirts leaders are 2 flasher lengths with green flasher was the ticket today. 60 -70 ft1688351663411.png1688351841254.png

Put down as many lines as you can manage (stacked if need be and put dummy flashers on your downrigger balls. I always fish 4 lines. Troll slow and in a slight S pattern. In my experience the first light bight is best - means having gear in the water before sunrise. Fishing usually slows down by 11am and the afternoon in the Alberni canal is usually too windy. Sometimes if the wind dies down the evening bite can be good too.

I have had luck using the hootchies above as well as the small pink hootchie with blue in it and also the bright orange one. Remember to remove every other leg on your hootchie and best to use large black or red siwash hook to reduce them throwing the hook. Good luck!

1688485862811.png 1688485999154.png

Back