Rod repair question

RiverBoy

i have an older hali rod that i love but one of the eyes threads are in really tough shape. i wanna re -wrap it with new thread but what i’m not sure about is what kind of epoxy to use? any insight on this?

thanks!

I haven't built a rod for years, but got some at a decent fly shop. I think it was flexcoat. The labels have rubbed off. Something that doesn't turn yellow. Also, I set up some scrap wood t-shaped jigs with a felt-lined V on top to spin the rod slowly with my barbecue rotisserie motor (jerry-rigged coupling) so the epoxy comes out even.

I haven't built a rod for years, but got some at a decent fly shop. I think it was flexcoat. The labels have rubbed off. Something that doesn't turn yellow. Also, I set up some scrap wood t-shaped jigs with a felt-lined V on top to spin the rod slowly with my barbecue rotisserie motor (jerry-rigged coupling) so the epoxy comes out even.

ok i believe i have some flex coat, i don’t care if it yellows; this rod is an old beater but i like it and i’m too cheap to buy a new one. thanks for your help!

Back