Richmake rods

I have just purchased 3 Richmake 10'ish salmon rods from an old friend. I don't know anything about the builder or the rods but can tell that they are very supple and very well balanced rods. Just looking for some builder info and possibly the value, one is in mint condition, doesn't look like it has ever been fished and has a custom # on the shaft.

Built in bc. Used to sell them around vancouver and maybe berrys bait & tackle. I think he moved north to Williams lake or something like that. Very little on the web. I think it was bill rich make but search the forum because it has come up before. I have some I bought for about 20 or 30 each but the were not mint. Great casting rods for coho. Mine are yellow.

They used to be one of the go to rods back in the 80s. I believe they used them in the Tyee Pool as well. I was told that the blanks were Lamiglass and of great quality. some of the later models went to ceramic guides as the steel ones grooved over time. I have a small collection that need rewrapping. I woud suggest using them if there mint, you will enjoy them. They certainly have some value although that would be up to the purchaser as to the price. Nice score.;) eman

Thanks for the input. You sure can feel the quality and balance as soon as you pick it up. Ill be taking them to Ukee for the summer and give them a good workout. cheers

Back