Repower with 90 or 115

I’m still waiting for my shiny new 115 Yamaha outboard that I have ordered. I’m wondering if it will take up more or less room than my 98 Honda 90 4 stroke? I have my main and kicker both on hanging on the transom, and want to knowing I need to plan for a separate kicker mount or not. As of now they both fit but it’s pretty snug.View attachment 61281

You should be able to move that rod holder to the other side of where it is now as well way better and one less thing to bang your knee on.

You should be able to move that rod holder to the other side of where it is now as well way better and one less thing to bang your knee on.
If you mean the stainless rod holder mounted on the transom, yea previous owner had mounted one there on my DE also and I found it got in the way, so I put it on the engine well side low down. I find that's a good spot to sit on the transom when trolling sometimes and be able to steer using the kicker tiller handle when solo.

I’m still waiting for my shiny new 115 Yamaha outboard that I have ordered. I’m wondering if it will take up more or less room than my 98 Honda 90 4 stroke? I have my main and kicker both on hanging on the transom, and want to knowing I need to plan for a separate kicker mount or not. As of now they both fit but it’s pretty snug.View attachment 61281
Hey Steve do you have a picture showing your rod holders and how they are mounted onto your downriggers. I like how they have your rods pointed straight back instead of out to the side.

Oly

Hey Steve do you have a picture showing your rod holders and how they are mounted onto your downriggers. I like how they have your rods pointed straight back instead of out to the side.

Oly
I just got the twin plastic Scotty downrigger plate mounted rocket launchers. It was my first time fishing with them back and I liked it! Easy to see both rods while solo

I just got the twin plastic Scotty downrigger plate mounted rocket launchers. It was my first time fishing with them back and I liked it! Easy to see both rods while solo
Is that the reason that you got the Scotty downrigger double mount rod holders or just a nice coincidence. I really like how the rods face out back. No sideways torque on the rods like the boom mounted holders. Then the only time that you would have the side torque is if you are stacking your rods. Do you normally stack rods or is that a down the road thing.

Oly

That’s why I got em indeed!
I like to stack for coho in the fall. But the main reason I wanted them is mostly for seeing the rods easier.

Back