Repower Twin 150 Yamaha

Ling.dinger

Curious what guys have been spending on a repower.

Was quoted 64k installed taxes and everything in for twin Yamaha 150XCB with dual Yamaha binnacle station controls and Yamaha CL5 display.

6 year warranty
Finance rate 2.49 for 3 years

Haven’t tried to squeeze them at all…I’m still on the fence.

Current engines have 1700hrs still running strong. Not sure what I’d get for them?

Any advice appreciated

Thanks

Wow. $67k for twin yam 150s and rigging? I had a new yam 300 with all rigging installed in 2011 at $42k (ish)

My 2014 Yamaha had 3700 hours when I sold it and was still running great with no codes when we scanned it. When I commented that seemed high the Yamaha tech told me he’d seen more than one Yammi with over 5000hrs on it.

Your very close. I was 30k with just my suzuki 150 excluding my kicker and that isn't the fancy helm control. That is rigging and taxes.

When you finance there are also some hidden costs. For two motors I would say sounds fairly close.

You can always shop around.

Holy cow 2.75 percent financing? That's crazy low.

Those other motors you can probably get some good money for. Just take money and out it down on new ones. Get rid of them now when they are worth something.

I'll bet you get another 1000 hours from your current motors if they are well maintained .
Yes I agree, maintenance is everything. Been told before guys get upwards of 3000 plus hrs on them. Just at the point where I either repower and get some money out of them or run them tell something major fails. However long that may be.

Your very close. I was 30k with just my suzuki 150 excluding my kicker and that isn't the fancy helm control. That is rigging and taxes.

When you finance there are also some hidden costs. For two motors I would say sounds fairly close.

You can always shop around.

Holy cow 2.75 percent financing? That's crazy low.

Those other motors you can probably get some good money for. Just take money and out it down on new ones. Get rid of them now when they are worth something.
Yeah 2.99 or 2.49 percent if you currently own Yamaha outboards. Seems wicked considering current interest rates on new vehicles or mortgages.

1. Yamaha Finance will register a lien on the engines to secure them as collateral for the loan. The lien registration fee is $59.75
  2. We charge a brokerage fee of $599 for placement of the loan which is how we get paid.
That’s what the finance guy told me…

Curious what guys have been spending on a repower.

Was quoted 64k installed taxes and everything in for twin Yamaha 150XCB with dual Yamaha binnacle station controls and Yamaha CL5 display.

6 year warranty
Finance rate 2.49 for 3 years

Haven’t tried to squeeze them at all…I’m still on the fence.

Current engines have 1700hrs still running strong. Not sure what I’d get for them?

Any advice appreciated

Thanks
What year are your current motors?

I would run the power you have, and attempt to throw some money in a savings account for new power. 1700 hours is nothing provided they’re maintained.

next couple years is going to see some people in a bad financial spot with their expiring mortgages and higher rates. i think the dealers will feel the crunch and lower prices. here’s hoping anyway. mind you what do i know i was a stupid drywaller/ taper

Yes I agree, maintenance is everything. Been told before guys get upwards of 3000 plus hrs on them. Just at the point where I either repower and get some money out of them or run them tell something major fails. However long that may be.
Unless you’re a guide you got 5 years left on them. We may be so restricted by then you may reconsider

Back